What's new

Bear Aware

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,580
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got home at 7:30 this morning, got out of the truck and here was this bear climbed up on the dumpster of the hotel across the street tryin to get in. Walked up to it and yelled 'Hyah! Git outta there fool!' Gave me a look like well if I have to, then I hazed it down this breezeway between the hotel and a business that opens up on Main Street. (Looks like a bad place to be, but I have an escape route to my right.) Bear hesitated at the end, so for a change I charged him. He took off to the left down Main Street. Early Sunday morning and not much out on the main drag, and really only choice I had. Got in the truck and circled around the block, and little did I realize there was a bunch of folks in front of the hotel loading up to leave. Guess the bear had zipped right by them, the way they were chattering away and pointin to the east. Didn't stop, as I figured my work there was done. I haven't seen one this time of day in town before, but this one was young and still had a little fear of humans. May see more, as conditions for them in the woods aren't good right now. (And don't try this at home, folks, it's scary when they decide to charge you.)
8-23aaa.webp
8-23bbb.webp
8-23ccc.webp
8-23ddd.webp
 
Now we got a sow and two cubs terrorizing the neighborhood. Stayed out last night waiting for them to show up at 2a.m. May call CPW on this bear, as she's more aggressive than usual and doesn't back down easy, probably because of those cubs. She did two charges at me for really no reason. I managed to herd them to the next block over, where some of those restaurants don't have bear proof dumpsters. I bet they do after last night, haha!
 
They are really active over here as well ! I caught 2 on the trail camera at once a couple nights ago,never got 2 at once before. The pics aren't the best but I will share them. Be aware !☺
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom