Those One & Two Dollar Coins Add Up Fast.....Heres My Totals So Far For 2010

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Those One & Two Dollar Coins Add Up Fast.....Here's My Totals So Far For 2010

A lot of other metal detectors don't beep very well on the Loonies and Toonies up here. I have found lots on beaches, in the water and even in tot lots that have been hunted hard. The ACE series & the Scorpion tend to hit hard on these coins. The Infinium gives a distinct warble sound on these two coins. About 10 years ago I sent a complete set of Canadian clad coins to Garrett for the engineers to play with. Just thought I'd pass this on in case you happen to live near a boarder city or in Canada.

Those one & two dollar coins sure add up fast. $368.00 buys a new ACE 350. Heck, we are still in October. I have another 2 months left of hunting. :)

Attachments

• loonies.jpg
    loonies.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 267

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Those One & Two Dollar Coins Add Up Fast.....Here's My Totals So Far For 2010

We still hate you John. :laughing7:

Truthfully, you have had a great year so far. I can't wait to see what you end up with by year's end, though I know those harsh Canadian winters will probably be slowing you up soon. Good luck! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Re: Those One & Two Dollar Coins Add Up Fast.....Here's My Totals So Far For 2010

Dick from IA said:
Winter won't stop John, Smudge !! He'll just don snowshoes & head for the ski hills :thumbsup:

Right, John ??

IT'S TRUE :read2:

Attachments

• global_warming.gif
    global_warming.gif
    113.8 KB · Views: 246
  • holidayyearround2 (2).jpg
    holidayyearround2 (2).jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 212

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You Canadians are a hearty bunch!

Find4me

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
ace 250

Hey John, Ive been watching you pile up those twoonies and loonies for a while and Im impressed. My ace 250 tends to ID them in the penny range. It would be nice If Garrett could tune the ace to pick up our coins as well as they ID american coins.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used

Find4me said:
Hey John, Ive been watching you pile up those twoonies and loonies for a while and Im impressed. My ace 250 tends to ID them in the penny range. It would be nice If Garrett could tune the ace to pick up our coins as well as they ID american coins.

The Garrett Scorpion hits all of our clad coins real well. The best metal detector I have ever used for them. And it's hot on rings too! :sign13:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread