klava
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Mar 13, 2007
- Messages
- 432
- Reaction score
- 3
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Them there hills!
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Conquistidor
We have a safe at work when we get low on change we hit a button and out pops a roll of whatever we selected pops out. This is always my favorite part of the day. Cause I know I am getting paid to CRH at that moment lol. Today when we ran out of nickels I hit the button marked "$2" and out popped a roll. I was feeling bad today and didnt even give it a second thought until I popped the roll open. I could tell right off that every coin was old. Then I saw the Buffalo pop out. I had customers in line so I held my excitement. I had to give change to 4 people bfore I could look through them all. Everytime I had to give a nickel i would look at it first lol. Gave away 3 64's lol. Then I had a lag in customers and did a quick search.
All coins were 64 and under. I just knew I would find some silver. I didnt but am very happy with the results. Here they are at face value plus getting paid while searching(I just cant say it enough lol)
1 Buffalo no date(my first ever found in the wild)
Pre-60 Jeffersons 17 in total
1939
1946
1946d
1947 x2
1952
1954
1954d
1957 x2(nice finding 2 of these with a mintage of 39 mil)
1957d x2
1958(VERY happy to find this mintage just under 18 mil)
1959d x2
1962(I keep 60,61,&62 plains)
I imediately hit the "$2" button again and got the next 3 rolls in the safe to take home. They didnt have the same wrapper so i wasnt real excited.
One roll was 1 nickel short and I found 2 Pre-60's
1948
1957(3 of a kind in one day with a low mintage life is good)
I also pulled some copper cents from the drawer
Copper 33
1959d*
1960*
1962d*
1968 s mint(always keep an eye out for the "s" mints:-)*
*not included in copper totals. I keep 59-62 seperate to complete rolls.
Anyway it was almost a dream roll but a very happy day for me either way. To put it into perspective I have worked there for a month and until today had only found 5 pre 60 nickels with one of those being a 60. Plus the past week hasnt been very good at producing any coins of mention.
Hope everyone has had a great day of hunting and hope everyone has a wonderous, safe, and blessed Labor day weekend!
-K
All coins were 64 and under. I just knew I would find some silver. I didnt but am very happy with the results. Here they are at face value plus getting paid while searching(I just cant say it enough lol)
1 Buffalo no date(my first ever found in the wild)
Pre-60 Jeffersons 17 in total
1939
1946
1946d
1947 x2
1952
1954
1954d
1957 x2(nice finding 2 of these with a mintage of 39 mil)
1957d x2
1958(VERY happy to find this mintage just under 18 mil)
1959d x2
1962(I keep 60,61,&62 plains)
I imediately hit the "$2" button again and got the next 3 rolls in the safe to take home. They didnt have the same wrapper so i wasnt real excited.
One roll was 1 nickel short and I found 2 Pre-60's
1948
1957(3 of a kind in one day with a low mintage life is good)
I also pulled some copper cents from the drawer
Copper 33
1959d*
1960*
1962d*
1968 s mint(always keep an eye out for the "s" mints:-)*
*not included in copper totals. I keep 59-62 seperate to complete rolls.
Anyway it was almost a dream roll but a very happy day for me either way. To put it into perspective I have worked there for a month and until today had only found 5 pre 60 nickels with one of those being a 60. Plus the past week hasnt been very good at producing any coins of mention.
Hope everyone has had a great day of hunting and hope everyone has a wonderous, safe, and blessed Labor day weekend!
-K
Upvote
0







