Cantstopdigging Hero Member Joined Sep 9, 2016 Messages 634 Reaction score 2,189 Golden Thread 0 Location NY Detector(s) used Garrett AT Max Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 5, 2018 #1 Hello Forum, I found this threaded metal cap in a wooded area where I've found several items from the late 1800's. Can anyone identify it? Thanks for looking!
Hello Forum, I found this threaded metal cap in a wooded area where I've found several items from the late 1800's. Can anyone identify it? Thanks for looking!
Minamik Full Member Joined Apr 28, 2018 Messages 123 Reaction score 246 Golden Thread 0 Location Indiana Detector(s) used Garrett Ace 400 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 5, 2018 #2 Cantstopdigging said: Hello Forum, I found this threaded metal cap in a wooded area where I've found several items from the late 1800's. Can anyone identify it? Thanks for looking! View attachment 1586563View attachment 1586564View attachment 1586565 Click to expand... Possibly from a bottle? I know I've found my fair share of metal caps that were rusted shut on some of the bottles I've found in my little bottle dump, but I'm no expert. Upvote 0
Cantstopdigging said: Hello Forum, I found this threaded metal cap in a wooded area where I've found several items from the late 1800's. Can anyone identify it? Thanks for looking! View attachment 1586563View attachment 1586564View attachment 1586565 Click to expand... Possibly from a bottle? I know I've found my fair share of metal caps that were rusted shut on some of the bottles I've found in my little bottle dump, but I'm no expert.
Cantstopdigging Hero Member Joined Sep 9, 2016 Messages 634 Reaction score 2,189 Golden Thread 0 Location NY Detector(s) used Garrett AT Max Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 5, 2018 Thread Owner #3 It's very small though. I will try to clean it up a bit more. Upvote 0
Minamik Full Member Joined Apr 28, 2018 Messages 123 Reaction score 246 Golden Thread 0 Location Indiana Detector(s) used Garrett Ace 400 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting May 5, 2018 #4 Cantstopdigging said: It's very small though. I will try to clean it up a bit more. Click to expand... Bottles can get very small. Take this one for instance. But yes, I'm no expert on anything, haha. Hope someone comes along and can help you figure it out though! Upvote 0
Cantstopdigging said: It's very small though. I will try to clean it up a bit more. Click to expand... Bottles can get very small. Take this one for instance. But yes, I'm no expert on anything, haha. Hope someone comes along and can help you figure it out though!
nhbenz Gold Member Joined Dec 30, 2004 Messages 6,827 Reaction score 6,852 Golden Thread 0 Location Brentwood, NH Detector(s) used White's Classic SL White's Surf P.I. May 5, 2018 #5 Tire valve stem cap seems like another possibility. Upvote 0
Oddjob Silver Member Joined Aug 23, 2012 Messages 4,356 Reaction score 9,077 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19 Primary Interest: Other May 5, 2018 #6 Looks like many things, from an AC unit, floor mounted dimmer switch, the old cardboard fuses had a metal cap. Upvote 0
Looks like many things, from an AC unit, floor mounted dimmer switch, the old cardboard fuses had a metal cap.