Three MORE woods buttons

rasrandy

Mar 3, 2005
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Well I went back to the woods for about two hours today.I came home with
three more buttons and a 194? wheat. The largest button just bigger than a penny
is plain and no marks.The other button is the exact size of a penny and says
london and treble and 30---cant make out the other word---The smallest flat button
is awfully thin,no marks BUT it looks like it was made from two halves. I say this because
on the back there is a seam-like ridge that runs across the back.Other than that the
weather was good today.HappyHunts

Attachments

• new buttons 001 Medium Web view.jpg
    new buttons 001 Medium Web view.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 224
  • new buttons 002 Medium Web view.jpg
    new buttons 002 Medium Web view.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 228
Upvote 0

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
nice finds, i have not found buttons in a long time

Strand-Filter

Dec 10, 2005
Florida
Nice finds. I had no idea that finding buttons was such a big part of this hobby until I started reading this forum. I will be spending most of my MDing time at the beach,

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your Buttons are a clue to something bigger, those buttons are there for a reason and have no connection to the Wheat pennie you found with them. the buttons are from the 1800's . I would go back to that spot and look for something like a depression in the ground or trees that should not be there.....
Good Luck !!!! Seeker ;D

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice buttons. Seeker is exactly right. Those buttons didn't get back there for a reason. Those are flat colonial buttons. They date early part of the 1800's I would say. I would also look around for a cellar hole or depression in the ground somewhere. They didn't lose buttons like that. Maybe one but not 3. Some one had to be doing some type of work or traveling through there at one point on a dirt road maybe. Look around that same area more. You may be onto something. Those buttons are atleast 100 yrs older than the wheat.

Good Luck HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread