What's new

Three Silver Coins In One Hole !

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2020
Messages
10,299
Reaction score
23,317
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
XP Deus 2
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A Contractor I know is renovating a 1800's house for resale and he told me that I could hunt the yard.
The yard is very small - found nothing in the backyard and only one Wheat Cent in the side yard.
Then nothing in again in the front yard except another Wheat Cent.
After a half an hour or so I was beginning to think this yard was a real waste of time.
Then swinging along a some old concrete steps that go down to the road I got a nice Dime range hit - a Mercury Dime just saved the day.
Swinging over the same hole again - got another hit - a Silver Washington Quarter - put the Pin Pointer in the hole - out pops a Barber Quarter !
All three of the Silver coins were in the same 6" diameter hole and were about 6" to 7" down.

Mercury Dime - 1944
Barber Quarter - 1915-D
Washington Quarter - 1943
Wheat Cents - 1941 & 1944

Good Hunting !
 

Attachments

  • MAH - 7-27-26-A.webp
    MAH - 7-27-26-A.webp
    84 KB · Views: 335
  • MAH - 7-27-26-B.webp
    MAH - 7-27-26-B.webp
    120.1 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 51
A Contractor I know is renovating a 1800's house for resale and he told me that I could hunt the yard.
The yard is very small - found nothing in the backyard and only one Wheat Cent in the side yard.
Then nothing in again in the front yard except another Wheat Cent.
After a half an hour or so I was beginning to think this yard was a real waste of time.
Then swinging along a some old concrete steps that go down to the road I got a nice Dime range hit - a Mercury Dime just saved the day.
Swinging over the same hole again - got another hit - a Silver Washington Quarter - put the Pin Pointer in the hole - out pops a Barber Quarter !
All three of the Silver coins were in the same 6" diameter hole and were about 6" to 7" down.

Mercury Dime - 1944
Barber Quarter - 1915-D
Washington Quarter - 1943
Wheat Cents - 1941 & 1944

Good Hunting !
Congratulations on a great day!
 
Freaking FAB!!! Congratulations!! :hello2:
 
Awesome finds, looks like they could have been lost around 1943 based on the shape of the washington quarter and mercury dime
 
WW2 was good times actually. Not so much for soldiers overseas but at home everyone had a job and was working. Everyone had money in their pockets but very little to spend it on. As usual during a war, the mint cranked up production and the silver coins flowed. Everything was rationed. You couldn’t get enough gas to travel. Have you ever noticed how many mercury dimes with WW2 dates are found on Tnet?
 
Someone must of been sitting on the step and they fell out of his pocket.
That's exactly what I was thinking on the way home from the hunt.
The coins were on pretty much on top of each other so the couldn't have dropped by someone that was walking.
 
A Contractor I know is renovating a 1800's house for resale and he told me that I could hunt the yard.
The yard is very small - found nothing in the backyard and only one Wheat Cent in the side yard.
Then nothing in again in the front yard except another Wheat Cent.
After a half an hour or so I was beginning to think this yard was a real waste of time.
Then swinging along a some old concrete steps that go down to the road I got a nice Dime range hit - a Mercury Dime just saved the day.
Swinging over the same hole again - got another hit - a Silver Washington Quarter - put the Pin Pointer in the hole - out pops a Barber Quarter !
All three of the Silver coins were in the same 6" diameter hole and were about 6" to 7" down.

Mercury Dime - 1944
Barber Quarter - 1915-D
Washington Quarter - 1943
Wheat Cents - 1941 & 1944

Good Hunting !
That's my kind'a hole. Nothing better than a silver pocket spill. Congrats!
 
A Contractor I know is renovating a 1800's house for resale and he told me that I could hunt the yard.
The yard is very small - found nothing in the backyard and only one Wheat Cent in the side yard.
Then nothing in again in the front yard except another Wheat Cent.
After a half an hour or so I was beginning to think this yard was a real waste of time.
Then swinging along a some old concrete steps that go down to the road I got a nice Dime range hit - a Mercury Dime just saved the day.
Swinging over the same hole again - got another hit - a Silver Washington Quarter - put the Pin Pointer in the hole - out pops a Barber Quarter !
All three of the Silver coins were in the same 6" diameter hole and were about 6" to 7" down.

Mercury Dime - 1944
Barber Quarter - 1915-D
Washington Quarter - 1943
Wheat Cents - 1941 & 1944

Good Hunting !
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!
 
Awesome finds, looks like they could have been lost around 1943 based on the shape of the washington quarter and mercury dime
Yes, I agree - the Barber Quarter is 30 yrs. older and has a lot of circulation wear compared to newer Merc & the Washington Quarter have almost no wear.
I was also thinking that they were probably lost during WW2 or early 1950's at the latest.
 
A Contractor I know is renovating a 1800's house for resale and he told me that I could hunt the yard.
The yard is very small - found nothing in the backyard and only one Wheat Cent in the side yard.
Then nothing in again in the front yard except another Wheat Cent.
After a half an hour or so I was beginning to think this yard was a real waste of time.
Then swinging along a some old concrete steps that go down to the road I got a nice Dime range hit - a Mercury Dime just saved the day.
Swinging over the same hole again - got another hit - a Silver Washington Quarter - put the Pin Pointer in the hole - out pops a Barber Quarter !
All three of the Silver coins were in the same 6" diameter hole and were about 6" to 7" down.

Mercury Dime - 1944
Barber Quarter - 1915-D
Washington Quarter - 1943
Wheat Cents - 1941 & 1944

Good Hunting !
Excellent!!! Nice recoveries....that would put a skip in my walk. :)
 
Wow! Awesome saves. Good job on picking less obvious area for coil. Congratulations!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom