What's new

Three Silver Coins In One Hole !

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2020
Messages
10,299
Reaction score
23,317
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
XP Deus 2
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A Contractor I know is renovating a 1800's house for resale and he told me that I could hunt the yard.
The yard is very small - found nothing in the backyard and only one Wheat Cent in the side yard.
Then nothing in again in the front yard except another Wheat Cent.
After a half an hour or so I was beginning to think this yard was a real waste of time.
Then swinging along a some old concrete steps that go down to the road I got a nice Dime range hit - a Mercury Dime just saved the day.
Swinging over the same hole again - got another hit - a Silver Washington Quarter - put the Pin Pointer in the hole - out pops a Barber Quarter !
All three of the Silver coins were in the same 6" diameter hole and were about 6" to 7" down.

Mercury Dime - 1944
Barber Quarter - 1915-D
Washington Quarter - 1943
Wheat Cents - 1941 & 1944

Good Hunting !
 

Attachments

  • MAH - 7-27-26-A.webp
    MAH - 7-27-26-A.webp
    84 KB · Views: 335
  • MAH - 7-27-26-B.webp
    MAH - 7-27-26-B.webp
    120.1 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 51
A Contractor I know is renovating a 1800's house for resale and he told me that I could hunt the yard.
The yard is very small - found nothing in the backyard and only one Wheat Cent in the side yard.
Then nothing in again in the front yard except another Wheat Cent.
After a half an hour or so I was beginning to think this yard was a real waste of time.
Then swinging along a some old concrete steps that go down to the road I got a nice Dime range hit - a Mercury Dime just saved the day.
Swinging over the same hole again - got another hit - a Silver Washington Quarter - put the Pin Pointer in the hole - out pops a Barber Quarter !
All three of the Silver coins were in the same 6" diameter hole and were about 6" to 7" down.

Mercury Dime - 1944
Barber Quarter - 1915-D
Washington Quarter - 1943
Wheat Cents - 1941 & 1944

Good Hunting !
Can't beat that. Winning!
 
Not finding much, do you feel been detected in the past?
Yes, someone must have hunted this site in the past.
No coins in the usual places except for two Wheat Cents.
The Silver coin spill was in a real tight spot under a bush close to a old set of concrete stairs.
 
Yes, someone must have hunted this site in the past.
No coins in the usual places except for two Wheat Cents.
The Silver coin spill was in a real tight spot under a bush close to a old set of concrete stairs.
Thats what i was thinking. If I am not digging every 5' there's a good chance been detected in the past.
 
A Contractor I know is renovating a 1800's house for resale and he told me that I could hunt the yard.
The yard is very small - found nothing in the backyard and only one Wheat Cent in the side yard.
Then nothing in again in the front yard except another Wheat Cent.
After a half an hour or so I was beginning to think this yard was a real waste of time.
Then swinging along a some old concrete steps that go down to the road I got a nice Dime range hit - a Mercury Dime just saved the day.
Swinging over the same hole again - got another hit - a Silver Washington Quarter - put the Pin Pointer in the hole - out pops a Barber Quarter !
All three of the Silver coins were in the same 6" diameter hole and were about 6" to 7" down.

Mercury Dime - 1944
Barber Quarter - 1915-D
Washington Quarter - 1943
Wheat Cents - 1941 & 1944

Good Hunting !
Outstanding Performance!!!!!!
Congratulations on your beautiful recoveries…
You are doing great this year
Thanks for sharing…
 
Outstanding Performance!!!!!!
Congratulations on your beautiful recoveries…
You are doing great this year
Thanks for sharing…
Thanks Bill,
Had a great season so far this year - found lot's of Silver coins, Large Cents, Indians, etc.
 
Hi
I love the variety of old coins on your avatar here.
Maybe they will have to add on another page .
Wishing you continued success. !!!!
 
Great job getting out there and finding so much history E-Trac-Ohio
GL/ HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom