What's new

Three silver day at old school site!!

DanMI

Sr. Member
Joined
May 26, 2007
Messages
391
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Well, me and Oldschool hit a school site that is now a bean field. First thing let me say, this farmer doesn't spare the fertilizer. Holy cow is this field rough on coins. Got a few wheats, two toasty Indians ( 1900 and ?) a 1944 merc, a 1943 Washington, and a 1943P silver war nickel. Oldschool did good too, I'll let him tell ya. HH all Dan
 

Attachments

  • 2009_0323Image0001.webp
    2009_0323Image0001.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 205
good going Dan you gotta love those merc dimes. :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on the Silver! Cool.

Good luck,
HH.
 
Nice finds! im looking forward to hunting some old school sites around here. Where about in michigan are u located?
 
Nice hunt! WTG! :)
 
Great silver and yea fertilizer is hard on the copper coins. But nice finds....Matt
 
coltdavis Dans in fruitport and Iam north fruitport,I ended up with 1 merc,6 wheats,2 indians 1906 that the date is great but the rest is bad,and a IH that I cant get a date,and two pins one says parry across and vertical ?the other says modern health crusaders?
I would like to try again if its plowed.
 
Good deal! Looks like a good day detecting.
I got home late from work (out of town), so I hit a spot close to home this evening. Found a few wheaties and 2 mercury dimes. Not bad for a spot that I keep thinking is "hunted out".

Need to find a new detector that is lighter on my bad shoulder, as this MXT is killing me.
Dan
 
Nice finds!

HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom