Gary in Pennsylvania
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Feb 23, 2009
- Messages
- 364
- Reaction score
- 8
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Moscow-ish, Pa
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab X-Terra 705 w/7.5&3kHz coils
- #1
Thread Owner
Threshold on hunting in 'garbage' (Google Map Link Inside)
OK – I have yet another question. <smacks face!>
One of my nearby cities is Scranton, Pennsylvania (Yeah Yeah…"The Office" and 30,000 Pounds of Bananas!)
The city of Scranton was settled in the 1700’s and incorporated in the 1856.
The city itself has changed dramatically over the decades…..on the surface. But it has been VERY busy through its history. It was a hub for railroad and coal.
Now…where there are now stores and businesses etc….there was once houses and parks etc..
Look at this Google Map (and I’m still COMPLETELY tripping out over how cool this is!)
Click the link and give it a few moments to load. You’ll get a scrollable 360 degree view at an intersection in Scranton. The view that pops up is what I’m posting about:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&i...bp=12,167.23036174183673,,0,4.179687499999999
WOW!
Anyways…..who would hunt that corner property patch? Too much garbage? A zillion pull tabs? Or huntable cuz ya never know what was here in 1915?
Is it against the LAW? No doubt there are all sorts of city power/water/data/gas/whatever running below ground…..but if I’m hunting at 12” or less, it there a hazard?
By the way – scroll that view 180 degrees to the opposite corner. THAT concrete business has been 100% removed and it’s nothing but a HUGE patch of bare ground. Too much garbage?
-
OK – I have yet another question. <smacks face!>
One of my nearby cities is Scranton, Pennsylvania (Yeah Yeah…"The Office" and 30,000 Pounds of Bananas!)
The city of Scranton was settled in the 1700’s and incorporated in the 1856.
The city itself has changed dramatically over the decades…..on the surface. But it has been VERY busy through its history. It was a hub for railroad and coal.
Now…where there are now stores and businesses etc….there was once houses and parks etc..
Look at this Google Map (and I’m still COMPLETELY tripping out over how cool this is!)
Click the link and give it a few moments to load. You’ll get a scrollable 360 degree view at an intersection in Scranton. The view that pops up is what I’m posting about:
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&i...bp=12,167.23036174183673,,0,4.179687499999999
WOW!
Anyways…..who would hunt that corner property patch? Too much garbage? A zillion pull tabs? Or huntable cuz ya never know what was here in 1915?
Is it against the LAW? No doubt there are all sorts of city power/water/data/gas/whatever running below ground…..but if I’m hunting at 12” or less, it there a hazard?
By the way – scroll that view 180 degrees to the opposite corner. THAT concrete business has been 100% removed and it’s nothing but a HUGE patch of bare ground. Too much garbage?
-







