Thursday, Friday finds

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II
Thursdays usual 2 boxes were OK. I just love seeing the old coins and always think about what 50 cents would buy in the year they were new :)

box 1 1- Walker (45)
3-40%
box 2 1- Walker (45)
1-90% (64)
4-40%

Friday I went to 6 banks close to home that I last visited in January. Found $565 in halves and no Ikes. (One coin shop I called will pay $1.05 for Ikes. Not worth the effort? I have 200.)

First bank sold me the counting bag for $97 which had $91.50 in halves, 8-quarters, 7-cents, 1-nickle, 1-peso, 1-Canada $2, and 1-button. Produced 2-40% coins.

Another bank had $200 in rolled and also sold me the counting bag for $260.
The $200 rolled gave up 1-Franklin (51), and 2-40%.
The $260 coin bag gave me stink and 2-Quarters and 1-dime. I didn't count the bag to see if shorted >:(
The rest of the $565 was loose halves with no keepers. One bank did order me a box for Tuesday so now I have 3 boxes to pick up and search.

Attachments

• 3-29-07-walkers.gif
    3-29-07-walkers.gif
    135.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 3-30-07-bankrun.gif
    3-30-07-bankrun.gif
    232.1 KB · Views: 177
  • 3-30-07-$97-bag.gif
    3-30-07-$97-bag.gif
    240.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 3-30-07-$200-rolled.gif
    3-30-07-$200-rolled.gif
    97.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 3-30-07-$260-bag.gif
    3-30-07-$260-bag.gif
    63.3 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Prizm, sorry to hear you were shorted. Just wondering if these are the first bags you have purchased? That happened to me with the first two that I purchased,shorted $5.00 total. I did mention it in passing to the teller when I went back to ask if they could order more halves for me. She told an account manager and the manager called and left a message on my answering machine asking me to call her at my earliest convience.

When I called she said I understand you were shorted and she asked what was in the bags and I told her. So then she said I'll credit your account and I was really shocked,espeically since I didn't have an account at that bank. I had originally walked into the bank a few weeks ago to ask if they had any halves available and the teller came out of the vault with a bag of halves so I bought it. Then another teller mentioned that I could order them,so I did that and no one asked if I had an account at that time. :o I told the manager that I didnt' have an account but I can open one up and asked if they would be there later that day. They were and I ran down to the bank and opened an account and they credited the shortage and I ordered more halves. I'm waited for the bag to come in this week. I think this is a pretty nice bank to do all that for me and they weren't upset when I said I didn't have an account. I turned in the batting tokens that were in the bag and the manager asked if I wanted to keep anything so I kept the 5 Franc. She said they would destroy the rest.

OP
OP
prizm II

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II
Pennyworth, this was the third time I've bought a counting bag, but the first time that I've counted it just to see. With all the other coins in the bag I figured it would be short. I don't mind as it's part of the hunt and I'm glad when the bank will sell me the bag :) :)

Thanks scotto, I'll keep my options open.

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
prizm II said:
Pennyworth, this was the third time I've bought a counting bag, but the first time that I've counted it just to see. With all the other coins in the bag I figured it would be short. I don't mind as it's part of the hunt and I'm glad when the bank will sell me the bag :) :)

I understand your point of view and it is a lot of fun hunting bags of conis. I sort of like hunting the bags better than the boxes. It's fun to dump them all out and look at them and see if you can spot any silver halves and then look at each of them. Keep on hunting! :)

I should use the spell check before I post! I always make an error and sometimes I find it later. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread