What's new

Tiger Shark Coil Info

kai_gold

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
82
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Currently Use: Gold Bug 2, Gold Bug Pro, F5, Compadre

Previously Used: Etrac, Explorer, G2, Lobo ST, Ace 250, Ace 350, MXT, Goldmaster 4/b, Gold Stinger, GTAx 550, Sovereign, Golden Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interested in possibly purchasing a tiger shark when they are released again. Can't seem to find any dd coil options for it, so I am wondering how well the its concentric coils perform in some of the more mineralized freshwater lakes and rivers. What kind of depth or depth loss are you experiencing?
 
If you are just wading, you can buy an adapter cord and use the widescan coils. The adapter cord connector isn't waterproof so you'd have to be careful.
 
The Widescan coils are working very well with the Tiger Sharks with the adapter cord. As GibH said they are not waterproof but there are waterproof connectors available.
 
Do you get the waterproof connectors through Tesoro or somewhere else? If you have to put them on yourself, how difficult is it?
 
kai_gold,

Why not hold off on the widescan coil until you get a chance to use the TS and see what kind of depth your getting? Joe
 
Right now I am trying to figure out both the limitations and how far I could take things with the TS before committing to buying one. I have had positive experiences with dd coils in the past, so access to dd coils is of interest to me.
 
kai_gold,

I hear what your saying, nothing wrong with getting your ducks in a row before you buy. ninety percent of the time I do fresh drops with my TS so depth isn't an issue for me. I have never tried any of the widescans on my TS so I'm afraid I can't help with that. One thing I can tell you about the TS, NO VLF/TR water machine out there is more sensitive to small gold than the TS. Joe
 
I just saw two tiger shark coils on sale on eBay brand new just found in back stock they had three. I contacted them and their shipping it out to day already got my tracking number . you could talk to him and he could get you complete unit because tesoro has allot of ready units but no coils
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom