Tiger Shark Question

krimkram

Jun 6, 2008
This was my first season with the TS and even though I was unable to get out as much as I like, it was great when I did. The question I have is this: When ever I was in the water (Fresh) and the detector was at the point of going into the water where the coil cable meets the main housing, the unit would begin to false like crazy. As soon as the cable / housing point was fully under water, the falsing stopped. I assume this is not normal and even though I was able to get around this easily enough, on wavy days it was somewhat disappointing as I was unable to cover a large part of an area due to this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kk

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine does the same thing, it just at a certain point it needs to be in the water or above it. Simplest thing if you think it is causing you to miss a piece of the beach is to change your mount. Either down lower on the rod or up near the top.

Personally, it doesn't bother me much. I just scoot down a bit to get out of that spot that's causing the falsing.

chadgallant

Dec 31, 2007
burton nb
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon / tigershark /Sandshark
I used plumbers tape on the threads and it seemed to help. It is also called tephlon ( spelling?) tape.

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now thats a smart idea. im going to put that on mine just incase

OP
OP
K

krimkram

Jun 6, 2008
Great idea Chad - I should have thought of plumbers tape - I use enough of it around the house.

kk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions