toadboy65

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2021
USA, NC/CO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Getting ready for a beach trip, I broke out my beloved Tiger Shark, and found it not working.
Examining it carefully, I discovered two wires from the battery compartment not connected to anything. The red from the 12v+, and the black wire from the transformer. A service manual would be a great thing to have, or even some decent images of the disassembled unit. The PC boards are not really well marked, and I just don't know where to resolder those leads.
Thank you in advance- T

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hope this helps
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3033.JPG
    IMG_3033.JPG
    1,002.8 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
T

toadboy65

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2021
USA, NC/CO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
i hope this helps
attachment.php

Thanks, but it is worse than that.
Here is what I have- ts.jpg

The two wires that go nowhere are the positive from the battery pack connection, and the black from the transformer.

OP
OP
T

toadboy65

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2021
USA, NC/CO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thank you, but here is what it look like-
ts.jpg
The red wired comes from the positive on the battery holder, and the black one from the transformer. I am sure it is an easy solder job, if I can figure out where they go.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish i could help more but mine hasn't been used since i had it refurbished at Tesoro and I'm not pulling it apart any farther. Good luck. It's a great machine.

OP
OP
T

toadboy65

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2021
USA, NC/CO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I don't blame you. I would not have pulled mine apart except that it was not working. I think what happened is that it was rattling around in the cargo area of the RV for a couple of cross country trips, and just shook itself apart. Perhaps you or someone else here could take a pic of the inside of the unit with the faceplate off and the battery out. Even a rough idea where the wires go could help narrow it down a bit.
It is a great unit. I spent years using it on western pacific battlefields, especially in caves and the waters around the disputed islands. It never let me down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions