What's new

time for prospecting

davin

Sr. Member
Joined
May 10, 2011
Messages
327
Reaction score
210
Golden Thread
0
Location
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got alittle snow up here yesterday but it will start warming up. time to get out and do some prospecting.
anyone else heading out soon?
take care and stay safe out there.
 
I hear ya about the lack of dudes posting up on N Idaho. Last weekend, hit the Clearwater River and ran half a yard of classified .25" material. Found two pickers and a decent amount of flour. Looking forward to hitting the salmon river next weekend, but other than that nothing to crazy. Did find a loaf of bread token from Sacramento last fall. Dig was just a hunch due to the location, machine read aluminum can but at a depth of 6 " and where I had found tin can and no aluminum. Kinda cool find. Some 49er must have brought it to Pierce back in the day.

Found out where the Japanese internment camps where located from ww2 but due to leave no trace fed laws kinda scared to hit them. Bummer, finding something from a Japanese POW would be an amazing piece of history to reclaim.

The hunt continues. any other hunters out there, and in the Orofino area, say hello

Stay sharp,
Ken
 
I hear ya about the lack of dudes posting up on N Idaho. Last weekend, hit the Clearwater River and ran half a yard of classified .25" material. Found two pickers and a decent amount of flour. Looking forward to hitting the salmon river next weekend, but other than that nothing to crazy. Did find a loaf of bread token from Sacramento last fall. Dig was just a hunch due to the location, machine read aluminum can but at a depth of 6 " and where I had found tin can and no aluminum. Kinda cool find. Some 49er must have brought it to Pierce back in the day.

Found out where the Japanese internment camps where located from ww2 but due to leave no trace fed laws kinda scared to hit them. Bummer, finding something from a Japanese POW would be an amazing piece of history to reclaim.

The hunt continues. any other hunters out there, and in the Orofino area, say hello

Stay sharp,
Ken

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431327637.615733.webp
 
sounds like you had a good time. I am in the. d' alene area. I don't know if I will make it to Orofino but I would like to and check the area there.
best of luck to you.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom