What's new

tiny button

jrwill56

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
422
Reaction score
194
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chowan Co.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 2000
White mark 11
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
found this today at lunch,same site,plated button silver 15/32",will this date to the early 18th century to the mid 19th century? anyone know?
 

Attachments

  • scan0005.webp
    scan0005.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 212
  • ecu 109.webp
    ecu 109.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 216
4-H said:
Man will. I want your kind of lunches bud! If I had to guess I would say that cuff button would be from the mid 1800's
thanks 4h things are slowing down now,found several pieces of chewed up copper sheeting lately. but i am still digging'
 
Upvote 0
Mid. 1800s is when 2 piece buttons really came on the scene so it's a pretty sure bet it's older. We find them every hunt at our sites dating 1790s to 1830 or so.
 
Upvote 0
Iron patch is right on 1790's to 1830's flat button
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom