What's new

tiny lead weight?

SWEATYSOCK

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cumbria
Detector(s) used
Quattro
Found this in the field behind my house.I know its not particularily old as there's not much oxide build up on it like some of the musket balls I find but curious to know its history.
It weighs 13 grammes,is 16mm diameter and 8mm thick.
It's stamped with an 'H' on one face,centrally.
Pardon the photo quality but this is my first attempt at uploading images and I freely admit to being an IT Idiot (think it's an age thing!)
 

Attachments

  • lead weight.webp
    lead weight.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 285
  • lead weight 2.webp
    lead weight 2.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 274
Welcome fellow UKer :thumbsup:

There are so many types of lead weight made from roman times to modern for every reason you could image & even more than that. So I have no idea what this one was. Maybe someone might get a clue from the H :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
13 grams, next best thing to Half an ounce , might explain the H :icon_scratch:

and Welcome :thumbsup:

and don't worry about revealing the idiot in ya'. We all have one.
Cheers, Mike
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom