Tip # 2

walt53

Apr 9, 2010
Thanks for the welcome folks.

Put a point or artifact at a distance in which you can see and recognize what you are lookin for (half buried, full out or whatever suits your situation). Pace off the distace, that is your Critical Separation point. If its 10', your walk line will be at 20' separation lines, as you have the 10' field of view on each side. Walk 20', stop and do the 360 degree search routine as I provided in the first post. Remember your eye movement must stop for at Least 1/10 second for your brain and visual ability to sync up for recognition. Within your 20' start/stop point, do Purposeful Wondering like a snake slithering to and fro, you"may" spot something large or catch your eye on a object. At the stop point try to be in a straight line from your initial start point. Do your 360 and see what happens. 50% of your search area is now behind you, that is whythe 360 is so important. I know this will increase your Probability of Detection (POD in official lingo). Monty and thirty7 are on to it. Best to use the sun over your right shoulder. If a group of you (masters of the site, etc.) would like me to give you field training, I'd be glad to. I live in SW Illinois and can travel - the charge is nothing more than meeting new friends with like interest's. It will help to cleanse my soul after issues related in my first post. It's taken my about 10 years to get back in the game.

Some of my pics will be forthcoming in a week or so.

Upvote 0

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Really appreciate the tips and experienced information. Sorry to hear about your past misfortune. You're very right about discussing anything with " friends ", I've learned it almost always comes back to haunt you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread