What's new

Tips for mding with the kids.

Denarius

Full Member
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
122
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok maybe it's too late to ask for tomorrow but I'm taking the kids (8 and 6) out detecting for the first time (me too,kinda) tomorrow and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or tips. I know it's a little late for tomorrow but maybe I can use the advice next time. So far the only problem seems to be who gets to swing the detector. They are really into it. Should be fun.
Cheers
 
Upvote 0
Plant some coins for them to dig so they find stuff. Otherwise they may get bored.
 
You will need a lot of patience with children of that young age; if they are not finding any treasures, they will quickly become bored and frustrated, and may demand more of your attention.

If you can borrow an extra detector, that would be great ; if not, maybe bring some other games for them to play while one or the other ( or you ) are using the detector.

I hope you all have a fun time out there..is this beach or park?

Lorraine
 
Last edited:
You can get a cheap detector for them if you have a local Harbor Freight or a similar place. Then you can just plant some coins for them in a designated area. Push some nickels and quarters into the sand an inch or so, nice and flat. Then let them do their thing.
 
Tell them "we are going to get some candy money"! I agree, plant plenty of coins for them to find. You have to keep them interested.

HH
Fenway
 
It was a beautiful day at the beach, too beautiful. The kids lasted about 20 minutes and went for the surf. I should have planted coins in the sand. Oh well. The beach got too crowded to detect effectively anyways. I did get a feel for the new detector tho. I think I'll go back in the fall.
I'm going to Okinawa next week so maybe I'll get lucky there. I'll definitely plant some coins for the kids.
Thanks for the advice all.
 
kids seem too be very lucky,id just give them the detector and let them go where they want as long as it is safe
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom