To dig or not to dig

RelicPrime113

Aug 20, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it looks as if muddy season has finally arrived here in New England although there is still some snow. Some of the ground is frozen, wet or dry and im getting the nudge to go out detecting again. Its been a long and cold winter and I'm ready to try out my new tecnetics Delta 4000. Unfortunately, I don't know if i should go out and try it or wait until April or May. The detector is waterproof but im not so quite sure about the pinpointer. But anyway, I feel this season is going to be great for treasure hunting and im looking forward to it. Especially in new Hampshire where i got permission from a few friends to hunt including my aunts house. Oh and that rock i found with my bounty hunter metal detector in NH turns out to be a hot rock which means gold is around somewhere. :laughing7: Wish me luck and I Hope everyone is having or has a great hunting season too. HH everyone! :headbang:

Go NOW---Never wait to have fun.

very true, i might just go out tomorrow. ^_^

What do you have to loose? Hunt anytime that you get the chance! Good luck and post what you get. We like to see!

Thanks, i will post my findings.

Haven't found anything yet, mostly nails and the targets are too deep. Got a few quarter signals and will unfortunately have to wait until the ground thaws... oh well, but it feels good to be back out treasure hunting though. ^_^

Relicprime I wish you luck, I tried detecting here in Maryland when the ground was frozen like a rock in Jan. and Feb. and it made me angry, lol. I left some targets in the ground, the ground was frozen like cement. I did not have a pick ax with me like Rick Savage, so I left good signals in the ground. New hampshire must be tough, I went to Laconia Bike week a few years ago in the middle of June and I saw big patches of snow up there, but the lower ground was fine, it was quite warm. We Camped at White Lake, a real nice place, with a friendly staff.

Last week I could only hunt sunny areas and only a few inches down because it was rock hard frozen ground in the shade.
Hopefully things have improved, I will find out Sunday! Go'n MD'ing!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back