To hunt with a theshold or not?

Keyboardkowboy

Mar 26, 2013
Far nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Makro Nokta gold kruzer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not new to prospecting or metal detectors but I am new to owning a PI machine I've used the gpz a lot but never owned a PI so now I have a Whites TDI and I'm wondering rather to turn my thershold all the way down so I only hear targets or to hunt with a threshold like I see my cousin do with his gpz 7000? Any positives or negatives. I'm not a fan of bees in my head but I will keep it if I get say better depth.

I have a GPX 6000 and hunt with the threshold on. I think it helps to hear the fainter signals,
and it helps me concentrate.

I'm not new to prospecting or metal detectors but I am new to owning a PI machine I've used the gpz a lot but never owned a PI so now I have a Whites TDI and I'm wondering rather to turn my thershold all the way down so I only hear targets or to hunt with a threshold like I see my cousin do with his gpz 7000? Any positives or negatives. I'm not a fan of bees in my head but I will keep it if I get say better depth.
I had a TDI just sold it in preparation to purchase the new Garret Axiom
I always hunt with a threshold as Dave of Mi said with the threshold it makes it easier to here deeper fainter signals, it does take a bit to train your ears to listen for the signals from the threshold on those deeper fainter targets though I even use the threshold when I detect for coins and other things

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back