Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Smokers! Try this. Next purchase get 3 packs Natural American Spirits (yellow packs are the light). You will get used to the difference of the pull. After the 3 packs, and only the 3 packs of NAS you smoked, go back to your old brand. Immediately taste the difference.

Quitters: After 48 hours nicotine is out of your system. After about 1.5-2 months you will have corrected the reinforced neurological pathways that etched the addiction in your thoughts.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant. Its keyed on the inside.

I thought about jumping yesterday, not smoke but snus. It looks like a long way down. Nope, it just looked too darn far and the craving passed. What a blessing! : )

Good job! Your on your way to getting some extra detecting seasons in.

OP
OP
D

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokers! Try this. Next purchase get 3 packs Natural American Spirits (yellow packs are the light). You will get used to the difference of the pull. After the 3 packs, and only the 3 packs of NAS you smoked, go back to your old brand. Immediately taste the difference.

Quitters: After 48 hours nicotine is out of your system. After about 1.5-2 months you will have corrected the reinforced neurological pathways that etched the addiction in your thoughts.

There may be something to that Solx nys.

American Spirit is tobacco while most cigarettes are NOT tobacco but obacco product. Kinda like the difference between real cheese and packaged cheese singles, or a real ham and ham product.

I started growing tobacco after I learned about reconstituted sheet tobacco. The RST is where the nicotine is chemically freed from its base- as in free-base nicotine. As it naturally occurrs in the leaf tobacco ain't so addictive as one might think, though it is still a psychoactive. The difference is almost exactly the same difference as snorting cocaine as opposed to smoking crack (free-base cocaine). Most commercial cigarettes are 50%-75% RS, iirc.

OP
OP
D

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There may be something to that Solx nys.

American Spirit is tobacco while most cigarettes are NOT tobacco but tobacco product. Kinda like the difference between real cheese and packaged cheese singles, or a real ham and ham product.

I started growing tobacco after I learned about reconstituted sheet tobacco(RST). The RST is where the nicotine is chemically freed from its base- as in free-base nicotine. As it naturally occurrs in the leaf tobacco ain't so addictive as one might think, though it is still a psychoactive. The difference on a body is almost exactly the same difference as snorting cocaine as opposed to smoking crack (free-base cocaine). Take my word for it please! Most commercial cigarettes are 50%-75% RST iirc. RST is paper made from tobacco, it is NOT tobacco. [/crazy wild eyed rant]

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are still inhaling nicotine from a vape or device, you still haven't quit smoking...don't kid yourselves. Vapes may "appear" safe, but inhaling anything into your lungs, especially nicotine is no good.

I hear people say "I quit smoking two years ago" as they take a pull on an inhaler... ummm, you haven't quit yet... just sayin vapers....lol

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to say the truth after three days the flesh got weak

Consider it stumble ad not a fall... get back up and dust yourself off again...

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The title Tobacco Related Injuries reminds me of a family that lived next to us while I was growing up. The dad always had his pipe in his mouth, and I though looked so sophisticated with it. Then he developed mouth cancer and over a span of maybe ten years and multiple surgeries they just kept cutting away parts of him - part of his tongue, cheek, chin and jaw, until he blessedly passed. Stopped me from ever taking up any kind of tobacco.

OP
OP
D

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This might make a smoker think twice-

There are two sizes of chest vents. 4.7mm is the little one. The big one is 9.3mm, about three times the size of the little vent tube.

Getting a 4.7mm sucks.

But, when the doctor sticks the larger chest drain into you chest cavity you will be completely conscious, with a local anesthetic, and they will shoot you up with fentanyl in an effort to keep you from freaking out the other hospital patients. You will still sceream like a little girl, at least I did, and I was kicking to toe board of the bed with all my might while praying the two nurses trying to hold me down would not let go so that the doctor would not slip, meanwhile hoping that I might pass out from the sheer pain an terror of the totality of the circumstances.

206 bones in the human body. I have broken no less than 12 of mine, though not all at once, and the vent tube insertion was more painful than any of those. I even been shot with a nail gun, several times, and a coworker even nailed my hand to a table once. This vent insertion was more painful than getting shot, or stabbed,maybe kind of like getting shot in slow motion. I would not wish the experience on my worst enemy.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This might make a smoker think twice-

There are two sizes of chest vents. 4.7mm is the little one. The big one is 9.3mm, about three times the size of the little vent tube.

Getting a 4.7mm sucks.

But, when the doctor sticks the larger chest drain into you chest cavity you will be completely conscious, with a local anesthetic, and they will shoot you up with fentanyl in an effort to keep you from freaking out the other hospital patients. You will still sceream like a little girl, at least I did, and I was kicking to toe board of the bed with all my might while praying the two nurses trying to hold me down would not let go so that the doctor would not slip, meanwhile hoping that I might pass out from the sheer pain an terror of the totality of the circumstances.

206 bones in the human body. I have broken no less than 12 of mine, though not all at once, and the vent tube insertion was more painful than any of those. I even been shot with a nail gun, several times, and a coworker even nailed my hand to a table once. This vent insertion was more painful than getting shot, or stabbed,maybe kind of like getting shot in slow motion. I would not wish the experience on my worst enemy.

Too bad they didn’t give you the good stuff. They have some drugs that make you feel so good, you just don’t care about the pain. Does not numb you, you just don’t care.
They gave that stuff to me once when they took my elbow apart to remove some gravel.
Never felt a thing. Highly addictive stuff.

RickS

Tenderfoot
Jul 24, 2018
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SS II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I quit 12 years ago, cold turkey, my ex was on the operating table, having a quadruple bypass, when I was outside the hospital smoking. I smoked the last one of the pack, and decided right there to quit. It was hard to do, but it got easier as time went by. To this day I still get cravings for one but I fight that and I can breathe better, and taste food!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread