Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todaty's finds.

Found a few paleo points today. The bottom photo shows some base grinding. The larger one looks like the base of an Agate Basin. The black ones are Basalt. folder 2 006.JPG folder 2 001.JPG folder 2 002.JPG folder 2 003.JPG folder 2 004.JPG folder 2 005.JPG

Upvote 0
Hi Old Digger,

Thanks for Posting the Paleo Finds and the rock ID's...This sure helps the Newbies like myself learn what we have and what the "rocks" are. Does TNet have a specific Forum on just Paleo? I see we have a new Forum from an Archeologist, BY an Archeologist and thought that would be a good "Whats it" forum, but its more of a political forum. It looks like I (and others interested in Paleo) have to search each member's posts/sites separately and look at their albums and Hope they include such explanations as you have.

I think it would be great if experts in Paleo would run a Paleo Forum...

Thanks for Sharing this...these good posts are few and far between. Unless I'm just missing alot...:)

MinerGirl

real nice for a days finds
what is the material types in the first image?

Agate and White Chert. I know that the white chert one is missing both the base and the point, but the collateral flaking looks quite similar to an Angostura point. folder 2 002.JPG folder 2 006.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back