Found a few paleo points today. The bottom photo shows some base grinding. The larger one looks like the base of an Agate Basin. The black ones are Basalt.
Thanks for Posting the Paleo Finds and the rock ID's...This sure helps the Newbies like myself learn what we have and what the "rocks" are. Does TNet have a specific Forum on just Paleo? I see we have a new Forum from an Archeologist, BY an Archeologist and thought that would be a good "Whats it" forum, but its more of a political forum. It looks like I (and others interested in Paleo) have to search each member's posts/sites separately and look at their albums and Hope they include such explanations as you have.
I think it would be great if experts in Paleo would run a Paleo Forum...
Thanks for Sharing this...these good posts are few and far between. Unless I'm just missing alot...
Agate and White Chert. I know that the white chert one is missing both the base and the point, but the collateral flaking looks quite similar to an Angostura point.