What's new

Today blows!

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
1,131
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stopped at 3 banks in my area and they had no halves.

Bank 4 in my area got together 1 rolls worth of nothing.

Bank 5 (about 60 miles away in a small town) the guy in front of me cashed his check then I hear him ask "do you have any half dollars back there"? They got together 4 for him. I left before I could even see them. I didn't want to know.

Bank 6 (40 miles north of bank 5) I wasn't going to stop at because it's a larger chain bank, but I decided screw seeing that I was passing by and gave it a shot. They had 25 rolls. I took 10 of them and I think they were someone's dump. 6 of the 10 were marked by dates (70s 70s 70s 90s 90s 90s). The other 4 rolls were not marked, but had all assorted crap.

:BangHead:

I asked the teller if any of the rolls left said 60s and she said no they are all 70s and 90s or not marked... I asked her to hold them for me until Monday and she said she would. I figure once I go through the box I get on Fridays I'll dump them and pick up the rest of these for the hell of it just because I can't leave them unchecked. He may have missed one.

Besides, they will end up at my dump bank and I know that I won't get them back lol

I drive 150 miles north every day for work so there are a lot of banks to stop at in between.

I pick up a box 60 miles from my house at a small town bank once a week then dump them at a CU near my house. I also stop at a few banks a day to check in.
 
Upvote 0
Hey Man this is the second time ive seen you throw caution to the wind.........


You ask tellers " Do you have any silver dollars ? "

You ask tellers " Do any of the rolls say 60's "


If your not going to try to keep the secret......AT ALL........Think about the rest of us ! And try not to have the tellers do all your leg work, they are already helping you ! Your tellers are going to get sick of the questions real soon, there your going to have real problems getting coins.....


Just buy all you can OR all of it, and dump it somewhere else
 
Actually I've been asking for large dollar coins lately. I've smartened up on that one.

And usually I do buy all they have and they love it, but If I had an option for 60s over 70s it would be stupid not to at least ask. I wasn't taking all of them so I figured It couldn't hurt to ask.

I don't go to that bank regularly.

Sorry if you are insulted by my questions. I'm sure you are perfect and have never asked a question that you thought was of no harm only to have some one on a forum not like it...

My bad...
 
Holmes said:
Hey Man this is the second time ive seen you throw caution to the wind.........


You ask tellers " Do you have any silver dollars ? "

You ask tellers " Do any of the rolls say 60's "


If your not going to try to keep the secret......AT ALL........Think about the rest of us ! And try not to have the tellers do all your leg work, they are already helping you ! Your tellers are going to get sick of the questions real soon, there your going to have real problems getting coins.....


Just buy all you can OR all of it, and dump it somewhere else

In case you haven't kept up with other posts, major Mag's have promoted CRH as a means to get silver. I used to be able to get halves at any bank I stopped at, now there is nothing. I believe that the minute a baby is born, the mother is explaining CRH and how silver is the way to go to her baby.

Just a piece of information. The "Ike" dollar is also widely know as the "Silver Dollar" even thought the
majority of them are only clad. Don't know when/how it started but have had several tellers tell me they have Silver Dollars and they are "Ike" dollars and clad to boot. I have found only one Silver Ike in my travels over the last two years, that is how scare a true "Silver Dollar" is.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom