Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
These are from a more recent trash dump in some woods I know about. Most of the junk from here seems to be from the mid-20th. Some neat stuff nonetheless. Gathered these for a colleague at work:

coke lineup.jpg pepsi nehi 7up.jpg half gallon neck.jpg rosenbergers milk jar.jpg

I only picked up the Coke bottles if they had intact, clean lids or crown tops. The Pepsi, Nehi, & 7-Up I gathered for variety. The middle 1/2-gallon jug looked odd enough to pick up but turned out to be of recent manufacture. The last one is a Rosenberger's Dairy milk jug that once had red printed labels (you can kinda see one on the shoulder).

These I picked up for myself:

keepers lineup.jpg lehigh valley half.jpg odd beer barrels.jpg

Two old Mountain Dew bottles (turns out they actively sell on eBay for $10 :) ), a straight-sided clear Coke bottle, an aqua embossed Coke bottle made in St. Louis, MO, and a clear Dr. Pepper bottle, and then these two green (beer?) bottles with applied flared lips. Scott thinks they're Rolling Rock brand, or something like that. Finally, a half-gallon Lehigh Valley milk jug that's probably recent but still looked neat. If it turns out to be fairly common I might give it to that colleague from work.

EDIT: I almost forgot. A Presto Supreme Mason jar with a zinc lid, too. Can't find the pic I took, though.

SURF: (or anyone else) Any idea on an age for those milk jars?

Last edited:

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Those milks could be 1950-70's IMO, those two green 'things' intrigue me and having me scratchin' my head.....

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
yeah...how are those beer bottles? keepers all, wouldn't have left a one behind if I had the means to carry.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey cti4sw,

The square milks started to become very popular in the late 1940's. They both have the Dacro style lip treatment which began in the late Thirties. I think Jim / package is right on with his date range. Did'ya check for date codes?

100_0693c.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions