What's new

Todays 4 boxes

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did 2 boxes of halfs (marked boxes) and both were skunks, then I did 2 boxes of dimes, on box was a skunk. Up until today I have only ever found 1 proof dime but today's box had 6 in it, they are all clad proofs but I'll take'um!!! :icon_pirat:
 

Attachments

  • 4-17-09.webp
    4-17-09.webp
    59.6 KB · Views: 279
Upvote 0
can you tell if it is a proof by looking at edge or do look at every dime
 
They are thicker than an average coin, atleast the ones that I have found in dimes & in halfs. I just edge hunt so I honestly have no idea if I miss thiner proofs.
 
I just took this pix with a proof and a non proof, the thickness is just a tad bit different but when you see them in a roll they stick out like a sore thumb.
 

Attachments

  • proof-reg.webp
    proof-reg.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 261
Nice score TF and thanks for the comparison pictures. :thumbsup:
 
Wow, very cool find. We all have good luck finding half proofs, but the quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies broken out of the same sets don't seem to turn up in our roll hunting as much. Obviously they circulate more and get snatched up by those who are lucky enough to pull them in pocket change, hopefully bringing another person into coin collecting.

It is awesome that you found that many in one box. Keep up the great finds.

HH,
Karl
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom