What's new

todays 4 brinks boxes

silvercop

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
today's 4 brinks boxes

were all skunks...........march continues to stink around here
 
Upvote 0
Re: today's 4 brinks boxes

bummer man.....I hope lady luck turns around for you! Better luck on the next batch! You know there is a great score out there waiting for ya!
 
Re: today's 4 brinks boxes

I feel you pain SC.
 
Re: today's 4 brinks boxes

5 weeks in a row for me! Maybe this Friday will change my luck.
 
Re: today's 4 brinks boxes

I went though several weeks like that in January and February.

During that time I went through 43 skunk boxes. In all of last year I only had 4 or 5 skunk boxes.

My average is down pretty badly for the year so far, even with a good week this week.
 
Re: today's 4 brinks boxes

silvercop said:
were all skunks...........march continues to stink around here

Ouch!

Might be getting close to time to repay your loan and slow down. I've decided to slow down myself- dumping is such a hassle more so when you find little or nothing, have put hold on Guarda Boxes they are just horrible here, Brinks few skunks but too many Boxes with one Silver or maybe 2 to suit me, pressing on hoping things pickup- still getting lots of diff CRH'er marks in my Boxes.
 
Re: today's 4 brinks boxes

silvercop said:
were all skunks...........march continues to stink around here

OK ! That does it ! The breaks over! Your skunks have inspired me to order some boxes and see if I can outskunk you. It's going to be tough because I've been known to get a keeper in a box, but I've had some stupendous skunks too.
Last March would have been a terrible month for me if I hadn't chanced upon 2 bags of halves with 60-70 keepers and 25 quarters.
My totals for last April May and June combined was less than 30 OZ. Then in July things picked up.
I think that these things go in cycles. Who knows? I can't figure it out.
I was going to suggest doing dimes but you would have to get 70-100 a week to make it worthwhile, and that aint happening.
You have done well with your 4 boxes a week up till now. Perhaps this means that you will make a killing with your 20.
Best
Rich
 
Re: today's 4 brinks boxes

Our Skunk average is down from last year, but our Silver average is WAY down too even though we have upped our Boxes to around 70 a month this month; we get alot of Boxes with say a nasty %40 in it, got a Box today with an ender and that was it in it too, it was a the lone %90'er too in 6 Boxes.

If this keeps up am gonna have to get a real job soon- not finding enough to (nor is Silver Spot staying high enough to suit me to sell some), survive on since Dec 09, was last good month of finds.

Lost couple Banks that used to order for me too, 2 said fees and one just wont order anymore. Know where a Loomis Bank is may go open account just to be ready.
 
Re: today's 4 brinks boxes

Bummer SC - Any way to get another source in another district?

Maine_Jim
 
Re: today's 4 brinks boxes

it would take a day's trip to get out of my district and then back home.
 
Re: today's 4 brinks boxes

silvercop said:
it would take a day's trip to get out of my district and then back home.
Yeah that is the drawback to living in the Midland ::)of your district ain't it.
 
Re: today's 4 brinks boxes

yea ob. looks like where you are you have easy access to three districts.
 
Re: today's 4 brinks boxes

silvercop said:
yea ob. looks like where you are you have easy access to three districts.

Nope 2 actually- a huge swath around me all goes to Memphis, the rest Nashville; did a road trip up to 40 miles from Louisville last year and they told me Memphis was their area, even Paducah is Memphis bound. Have never been east of here not sure where it changes over but do know Portland TN is still Nashville region.

P.s. the wife'ee did 6 Boxes yesterday got 1 Ben 2 1964's and 13 %40's, 2 were Skunks. Her Bank switched Coin Services, its now IntraState and the Boxes are all CWI. We have done so far 61 Boxes this month, expect 12 more next week (6 will be hers 6 mine) for monthly & record 72 Boxes. Cold Calls are terrible last 3 months, boxes slightly better but still very poor- despite Skunk average going down this year so far.
 
Re: today's 4 brinks boxes

I picked up 1 Brinks, after all them dimes I got 1 64....1 is better than none....cost me a dime.
 
Re: today's 4 brinks boxes

Sorry to hear that.

Better luck next time

DW
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom