What's new

Todays 6 boxes of Dimes

JD-GA

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
467
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
So ive been consistently doing dimes assuming one day I have to have a decent day. Again these 6 boxes kept my averages consistent of about 1 silver per 3 boxes. Ive tried everything. Boxes, bags, all 4 different courier services and of course handrolled from over 40 different individual banks while on road trips for halves. So i found 2 silvers today in 6 boxes a 1947 rosie in good shape and my first every mercury dime 1945 in good shape so that was exciting. Without checking the ole stat sheet i think that puts me at 19 rosies, 1 merc and 1 1961 canadian for 22 total silvers in 20500$ searched. Ouch to say the least.
 
Upvote 0
I try dimes every now and then. Your totals are much better than mine. It really hurts my eyes to search dimes--getting on up in years! Wish I could.

I hope more silver dimes rain upon you!

apush :read2:
 
i love dimes, although it does cause me a headache when i search 2 or more boxes a day, but i love dimes to say the least...for me its a toss up between halves & dimes, but keep on trying them/hitting them hard, cuz i havnt done many boxes (10-15), but one of my boxes had 3 mercs, 3 roosies, 1 2009 dime, and one 2010 dime...all from one $250.00 box! so its still out there, u just have to be there at the right time, and the right place. good luck on ur dime searching!
 
I do $500 bags of dimes. I think doing more than one bag in a day, would make me loopier than I already am. I average about 3 1/2 per bag. One to six is pretty usual.
Last year I got four different bags with at least 17. So don't give up. Good scores are out there.
 
Hrm, maybe im cheating the karma gods by only rim checking since Im not getting any headaches haha. On a good note though i failed to mention my order teller yesterday offered me 13 rolls of 2010p dimes and 10 rolls of shield pennys. I checked ebay and they dont really seem to be fetching as much so not sure what to do with them now. They are in machine rolled wrappers as well.
 
Good score on the dimes. I enjoy searching them as well. Last year I hit them hard and recovered just under 400 keepers. This year I got a late start and only started searching them in April.
HH
Rich
 
JD, the silver has completely dryed up around here. A few others I know in the area also are getting skunked a lot. Dimes are going to be my fallback.
 
Ag-- oh im with ya on the halves. Only 6 x 40 percenters this month and last month was nearly a bust. Of course i cut wayyy down on boxes after that month off 55 boxes and only 10 keepers.
 
Hang in there JD-GA. Things seem to happen when you least expect it. You are due!
Good luck
rileyboy
 
Just keep at it, right now dimes are real hot for me, my last 8 boxes gave up 18 silvers with one merc, and I could even be missing a few as I weight check instead of date or rim checking.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom