What's new

Todays ballfield finds

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's ballfield finds

After my last 3 visits with my White's I thought I was finished with this ballfield.
Then came brand X and today's finds.
 

Attachments

  • 092709.webp
    092709.webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 179
Re: Today's ballfield finds

you da man :thumbsup:
 
Re: Today's ballfield finds

Congrats on the IH and merc. Is that a 1920 merc? I think I read somewhere that it's hard to find mercs before 23' with a readable date. Nice finds!

Good luck,
HH.
 
Re: Today's ballfield finds

BandB1 said:
Congrats on the IH and merc. Is that a 1920 merc? I think I read somewhere that it's hard to find mercs before 23' with a readable date. Nice finds!

Good luck,
HH.
Yes, that's a 1920, the IH is 1890, and the other penny is a '27.
These coins were the easiest digging imaginable, one slice with the Lesche tool brings out a 6" plug of rich black soil. Like cutting butter.
Thanks for looking.

AMC
 
Re: Today's ballfield finds

Nice job! :thumbsup:

HH
 
Re: Today's ballfield finds

Thats what I'm talkin about. Looks like brand X is doing just fine. Congrats on a great mix of old coins. Get used to it. Jim
 
Re: Today's ballfield finds

Great finds for sure :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom