What's new

Todays find..

BttleDiggerDrew

Full Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2010
Messages
189
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rockland County, NY
Today's find..

I know I am probably one of the few bottle hounds on this site, but the reason I am posting here is to broaden my horizons when it comes to looking for treasures, since I run a crossed a lot of other things besides bottles....That being said, these are the things that I have found today at a river dump, which is on some really old land that dates back to the early 1700's. The first picture is three "Bromo-seltzer" bottles, while they have little to no value due to being very common, they are still a cool discussion piece because of their cobalt blue coloring...the second picture is what appears to be a apoth.-poison bottle, due to the seam in the bottle ending near the neck and the top appears to be hand-blown applied square band top, its safe to assume that this bottle is from the 1840-1870's...The last picture appears to be a full pint whiskey / rye bottle with an applied double color which also gives it the date range of the 1840'-1870's....If any body has any questions to their bottle finds, here is a good website for basic knowledge...

http://www.bottlebooks.com/basics.htm
 

Attachments

  • Bromo seltzer.webp
    Bromo seltzer.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Bromo seltzer2.webp
    Bromo seltzer2.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 196
  • Poison-Apoth.webp
    Poison-Apoth.webp
    16 KB · Views: 205
  • Full pint whiskeyrye.webp
    Full pint whiskeyrye.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 210
Re: Today's find..

From what I can tell they all look to be from around 1910-1930. I could be wrong though.
Nice bottles. I love digging dumpsites especially when they are really old.
Congrats on your finds :thumbsup:.

Hill
 
Re: Today's find..

I have a bunch of old Bottles too. I just moved once I'm settled in I'll snap some pictures. I have a bottle of bromo seltzer as well.
 
Re: Today's find..

Gotrek said:
I have a bunch of old Bottles too. I just moved once I'm settled in I'll snap some pictures. I have a bottle of bromo seltzer as well.

Is that a '71 Satellite? I could drool over that car way more than most calendar girls.

Baltimore loves Bromo Seltzer. This is a detail of our landmark tower:
 

Attachments

  • Bromo.webp
    Bromo.webp
    71 KB · Views: 119
Re: Today's find..

1972 Satellite Sebring, My baby. I've loved this car since I was little. When this came up for sale I snagged it quick. I'm the 3rd owner, original owner was an older gentleman in his 70's who sold the car right after buying it since he could non longer drive. The young woman who bought drove it through her teens and parked it with 32 000 miles on the odometer. it was parked up until 1992 and in 200X the decided to sell it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom