Today's Finds 4-20-2024

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Noticed that Nokta released 1.14 Beta 2 on Facebook this morning. Decided to update the Legend and take it out for a spin. Today was to be more Manticore with the M8 coil, but I couldn't resist switching gears and going out with the Legend.

Went to my 1860's farm permission and worked the small field behind the house up to the farm road behind. On 1.14 Beta 1, the Legend had some chatter in Beast Mode, but manageable. Beta 2 was nice and quiet. For today, I was using the 11" round coil. I ground balanced both 1 and 2, set IR to 2, and gave it a noise cancel. I was on my way and digging aluminum trash! Anywhere between 12-33 VDI. Lots of foil, can slaw, and tiny bits of a heavier foil. But I dug it all! Of all that trash, I was able to hit all of it with Park and Field, M1, M2, and M3.

I made it all the way to the end of the field toward where the tractor would enter and all of the sudden, I get a repeatable 48 VDI with no Ferro Check showing full depth. Like the other targets, I tried Park and Field M1-M3 and it didn't hit the target. SO, back to Beast Mode. Target is there again. Went ahead and dug, found a clad Rosie at the bottom of the hole, pin pointer deep. The MI6 is about 9 1/2 inches long. Now, I've had deeper targets than that with the Legend, but for whatever reason this Rosie wasn't going to be had with anything but Beast Mode.

20240420_121344_WM.jpg

Couldn't get the year. Just too corroded.
P1001372_WM.jpg

That was the only target today I couldn't hit with all modes. Next, I decided to hit the western field again this time using Field mode, M2, Recovery 6, and DT (Deep Target) 2. Used 60 tones. Of course, I emptied my pouch after the other field and here I am filling it up with aluminum trash and copper wire again. But I did come across a few interesting finds.

P1001377_WM.jpg

P1001375_WM.jpg

P1001374_WM.jpg

My best find of the day! I love finding buttons. No Back mark, just a line around the back. Looks like it may be 1785-1800 according to the button chart looking at the eye. Any other thoughts?
P1001369_WM.jpg
P1001370_WM.jpg
P1001371_WM.jpg

Some eyeball finds. I kept the bottle bottom because it looked old to me, and I liked the color.
P1001368_WM.jpg

So, that was my day with the Legend, it was a long day. I think worth it though, just for the button find. Thanks for looking.

Almost forgot, my wife found a coin spill today at the pet store and didn't even have a detector!

P1001378_WM.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 10

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noticed that Nokta released 1.14 Beta 2 on Facebook this morning. Decided to update the Legend and take it out for a spin. Today was to be more Manticore with the M8 coil, but I couldn't resist switching gears and going out with the Legend.

Went to my 1860's farm permission and worked the small field behind the house up to the farm road behind. On 1.14 Beta 1, the Legend had some chatter in Beast Mode, but manageable. Beta 2 was nice and quiet. For today, I was using the 11" round coil. I ground balanced both 1 and 2, set IR to 2, and gave it a noise cancel. I was on my way and digging aluminum trash! Anywhere between 12-33 VDI. Lots of foil, can slaw, and tiny bits of a heavier foil. But I dug it all! Of all that trash, I was able to hit all of it with Park and Field, M1, M2, and M3.

I made it all the way to the end of the field toward where the tractor would enter and all of the sudden, I get a repeatable 48 VDI with no Ferro Check showing full depth. Like the other targets, I tried Park and Field M1-M3 and it didn't hit the target. SO, back to Beast Mode. Target is there again. Went ahead and dug, found a clad Rosie at the bottom of the hole, pin pointer deep. The MI6 is about 9 1/2 inches long. Now, I've had deeper targets than that with the Legend, but for whatever reason this Rosie wasn't going to be had with anything but Beast Mode.

View attachment 2144636
Couldn't get the year. Just too corroded.
View attachment 2144630

That was the only target today I couldn't hit with all modes. Next, I decided to hit the western field again this time using Field mode, M2, Recovery 6, and DT (Deep Target) 2. Used 60 tones. Of course, I emptied my pouch after the other field and here I am filling it up with aluminum trash and copper wire again. But I did come across a few interesting finds.

View attachment 2144633
View attachment 2144632
View attachment 2144631
My best find of the day! I love finding buttons. No Back mark, just a line around the back. Looks like it may be 1785-1800 according to the button chart looking at the eye. Any other thoughts?
View attachment 2144627 View attachment 2144628 View attachment 2144629
Some eyeball finds. I kept the bottle bottom because it looked old to me, and I liked the color.
View attachment 2144626

So, that was my day with the Legend, it was a long day. I think worth it though, just for the button find. Thanks for looking.

Almost forgot, my wife found a coin spill today at the pet store and didn't even have a detector!

View attachment 2144634
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions