What's new

Todays finds 7-21-09

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
Today's finds 7-21-09

Picked up two more boxes today, and found 15- 40%ers and 3- 64 Kennedys. I guess I am officially off the wagon for now. I also found a cool foreign coin that I cannot identify.

I can't put a picture up, but it has Arabic numbers 1351 as the date, and has a guy's profile on the obverse and a lion holding a sword with a crown? above it, and a wreath below it on the reverse. Anyone see one of these? It sounds like silver per the ring test, but who knows?

Jim
 
Upvote 0
Re: Today's finds 7-21-09

Good score on the boxes ! Keep getting them :thumbsup:
 
Re: Today's finds 7-21-09

Hey Mr. Silver,

You did better than me today for totals, although I gotta say you can't beat my percentages. Please post a pic of your foreign coin. Some of us may be able to help ID it.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Re: Today's finds 7-21-09

Kantuckkeean said:
Hey Mr. Silver,

You did better than me today for totals, although I gotta say you can't beat my percentages. Please post a pic of your foreign coin. Some of us may be able to help ID it.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

I don't have a digital camera. I did some checking and it is some sort of Persian coin (date unknown, I don't know how to convert their calendar to gregorian). Many of their coins are 80% silver. I will take it to the coin store next time I go in to find out for sure.

Jim
 
Re: Today's finds 7-21-09

WTG Jim.....glad to see you fall off the wagon and back in the hobby.....pulling some silver!! Those boxes seem to be productive so let's hope this trend continues huh.

Congrats Jim.......good luck on the next one and keep em coming champ!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom