ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today's Finds from Yesterday? Second Gold for the Year

Well, it was a beautiful day yesterday so I took off in my boat. Went about 8 miles out in lake St Clair to a very popular boaters beach. The reason I am posting today is a good one. I got LOST! On the way back to the marina I couldn't find it. I was able to last year with no problems but I got disorientated. I had to stop and ask two boaters which way to go. I think I went around 5 or more miles out of my way. As SOON as I post this I will be buying the GPS I thought of last week.

Anyway, I got home after 11pm and went to bed. So I found the bag of finds in my truck this morning. Good enough for me. Don't know if the mods will laugh and let it stay or move this post.

Anyway, my best find was a 14K LOVE ring. Only jewelry find also. 20 quarters, 7 dimes, 12 nickels and 27 pennies were my coin finds. 36 bottle tops, 54 pull tabs, 12 shotgun shell bases and a few other pieces of junk were my trash.

GREAT day to be out wading. I am glad I didn't go to bullet beach. Last time I went and found the machine gun magazine I was getting lots of high tones that fell through the scoop. I know they were 30 cal and 45 cal bullet heads. I will go back there when I dive so I won't lose those stupid things.

Upvote 9

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your many coins and ring finds.

Texas ED

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice addition to the clad pile

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I definitely think that first pic has Banner potential!! :laughing9:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet gold find. Congrats!
What is the stone in the ring?

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Without a GPS, you can simply use a cheap compass. Check the heading on your way out. Degree heading. Simply come back using the reverse azimuth.
360 minus the original degree number on the way out.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad you included your pop tops and pull tabs along with the rest of your finds. Many folks come here and see the great finds, but can't seem to conceive that there's a lot more pulled out of the ground....unless the READ!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1822-20150213-GoodWork.jpg

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Sweet gold find. Congrats!
What is the stone in the ring?

No idea yet. I haven't cleaned it. LOL story of me and rings, I hardly ever clean them! All I look for is the gold mark.

Without a GPS, you can simply use a cheap compass. Check the heading on your way out. Degree heading. Simply come back using the reverse azimuth.
360 minus the original degree number on the way out.

I have a VERY good compas and I know that. I have made this trip countless times. For some reason this year I went north instead of east. Thanks for the reminder. I did decide on a GPS to find other new hot spots in this lake since I have my boat in a marina. I have plans to use my drone to find new interesting places to dive and then get back to them with the GPS and coordinates on the laptop the drone is sending information to. Thanks!

I'm glad you included your pop tops and pull tabs along with the rest of your finds. Many folks come here and see the great finds, but can't seem to conceive that there's a lot more pulled out of the ground....unless the READ!

I do that with most of my finds. I do want people to know that gold and coins don't just jump into the scoop or into my goodie bag while diving without doing a lot of work. Wait till you see how many 30 cal and 45 cal bullets I pull out of bullet beach while diving. Having them fall through the scoop is FRUSTRATING because I know I will find them again. YECH. At least after fanning the sand away down to the clay bottom I can see them on top and just pick them up. One day I might have bullet beach cleaned up. But probably not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread