Greenie
Dec 5, 2015
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today's Haul

My first full day at this new hobby, found most of the dimes in one spot, they are lined up on the bottom. Nothing older than '65. The large coin is a Sacagawea Dollar, when I fist uncovered it I thought for sure I found silver. The Burger King token was in the middle of the woods and buried about 4 inches under the dirt, I thought that was a little strange. I am not sure what the small ball is, lead shot maybe. All the other coins in the pic are pennies. I didn't find any nickels or quarters. Not shown is a rock I found will post pictures when I retrieve it. I was really confused because it set off my detector and looks like hardened lava. I was too tired to pack it out today so I left it for now. Sorry if the pic isn't good quality but there really isn't anything worth zooming in on, just a bunch of coins that made a really fun day of detecting.

BTW, this was a local park that, according to online research used to have a cabin there in the late 1800's. I thought it might have potential.

Attachments

• Todays Haul.jpg
    Todays Haul.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Upvote 5
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice fun hunt! Just the act of getting out is the best part of the hobby! Of course a cool find only increases the hours of you and the detector friendship.

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net, good start, enough to keep you going for the next finds. GL

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like one of my 1st hunts. I was a clad magnet last year, hunted almost all the parks, older schools and some other public lands in a 4 county area. Once you feel comfortable with the detector and can dig some unidentifiable plugs, you ought to look for some permissions to hunt. The rock you detected is more than likely a "hot rock". If I find a bunch at a site, I go elsewhere to hunt.

OP
OP
BluffHunter

BluffHunter

Greenie
Dec 5, 2015
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the tip on the "hot rock" I've never heard of one before. Gonna google that and see what I find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread