105.7 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
Binary, and a palindrome. Nice score, I bet the right buyer would pay well for that.

silas1128

Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fact that it is actually binary may pull even higher premium. None of the bills sold recently on ebay are actually '0's and '1's. This is cool! and like noted its the same front to back as back to front.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
binary, i'd list it on ebay, somewhere in the computer section minimum bid $100. if i was a hacker with alota money, i'd pay $100 for this 1(101010101) yo.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. It is a RadaR and a true binary.
10100101b (binary) is A5h (hex) or 165d (decimal). It is also the extended ASCII character '¥'

Put those tidbits of information in the ebay auction information.

OP
OP
P

pynchinflint

Dec 31, 2007
Bama
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the comments. I kinda figured it had a lot of good things going for it. Like you Silas, I couldnt really find anything on the bay that was compairable. Oh and 50cent, I'm thinking a starting bid of $101 would be even better.:headbang:

OP
OP
P

pynchinflint

Dec 31, 2007
Bama
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. It is a RadaR and a true binary.
10100101b (binary) is A5h (hex) or 165d (decimal). It is also the extended ASCII character '¥'

Put those tidbits of information in the ebay auction information.

Wow LooseChange you just blew me away. I understand the true bainary and radar part but, the rest is Greek to me. I'm kind of new to this. Could you explain what the rest of your statement means. Thanks a bunch for the education!

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow LooseChange you just blew me away. I understand the true bainary and radar part but, the rest is Greek to me. I'm kind of new to this. Could you explain what the rest of your statement means. Thanks a bunch for the education!
The generic meaning of binary is having two parts.

But, there is a specific method of representing numbers in "binary" using only 0's and 1's. Any real whole number can be represented by 0's and 1's. In fact, that is how all electronic computations are done - in binary. That's what's so cool about your binary being 0's and 1's instead of 3's and 4's.

When you convert the binary value 10100101 into a regular number, that number happens to be 165.

Because your note SN is 8 digits, it can also be converted to an ASCII character or a 2-digit hexadecimal number. Computer geeks and engineering geeks will probably get the hexadecimal and ASCII references.

I don't collect notes, but I am an engineer geek. I would likely bid on that if I saw it just because it is real binary.

Computer Jones

Oct 23, 2012
The Great Pacific North Wet. (I can see Canada whe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put it flat in a large pocket (I use my Wife's blouse) and wash it on delicate with Woolite, just a little it goes a long way.
After the final spin, while it's still damp, iron it with a medium heat.
It will look almost as crisp and bright as the day it left the printing press.

You have a very desirable hunk of linen there!
I wouldn't be surprised to see it go for $1010.10 (or more if the right person saw it).

It's a shame the binary number represented wasn't 42, it could probably break $10K...

Last edited:

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool note ! I wouldn't do the washing machine thing tho - might trash it. I'd put it in a blank white page journal and pile about 100 lbs of books on top if it for a week to flatten it out.

Definitely worth a nice premium! I just recently started looking through notes at work and found a couple low #s. Lowest I've found was a 00000420.

If u sell it let us know how much it goes for!

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool note ! I wouldn't do the washing machine thing tho - might trash it. I'd put it in a blank white page journal and pile about 100 lbs of books on top if it for a week to flatten it out.

Definitely worth a nice premium! I just recently started looking through notes at work and found a couple low #s. Lowest I've found was a 00000420.

If u sell it let us know how much it goes for!

You could probably sell that 420 note to some stoner...haha! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread