What's new

Todays Silver 7/23/09

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Too busy to take a road trip today. But I did manage to stop at a couple of banks on my way to dump off some coin. The coin machine jammed and the teller unloaded the foreign rejects into the garbage. It was the type of garbage can that had a cover with a slot.
Well she dumped a silver Ike. I spotted it right away. Before I could say anything it disappeared down the slot.
Anyway I picked up a single 1966 Kennedy and two boxes of dimes. Ended up with 6 Rosies. No Canadians in either box. That's a first for me.
 
Upvote 0
Rich Hartford said:
Too busy to take a road trip today. But I did manage to stop at a couple of banks on my way to dump off some coin. The coin machine jammed and the teller unloaded the foreign rejects into the garbage. It was the type of garbage can that had a cover with a slot.
Well she dumped a silver Ike. I spotted it right away. Before I could say anything it disappeared down the slot.
Anyway I picked up a single 1966 Kennedy and two boxes of dimes. Ended up with 6 Rosies. No Canadians in either box. That's a first for me.

No way to get the silver Ike out? That would have been a great one to get.

Jim
 
Hi Mr. Hartford,

That's a bummer about the Ike. Tellers around my parts won't even sell large size dollars to me when I see 'em, much less throw them away!!! They hang on to them like they're made from gold. I don't argue when they don't sell them. I'm new at this and don't want to make any enemies, just friends. That way they'll sell me their halves.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Lately I've been making way to many trips to my dump banks and I'm becoming noticeable. I already told these tellers a whopper of a tale as to why I have all of these coins. Had I asked to do some dumpster diving for silver I think it would be pushing the envelope.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom