What's new

Todays Skunk and GREAT news!

GlassyEyed

Full Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
161
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up the remaining 33 rolls from the last bank I visited. Unfortunately the were all marked and taped shut. On top of that the teller told me that a local guy brings all these in and the rolls I got were the last of the batch he brought...so I knew it was for naught before I even started...but I did it anyways...Skunk.


GREAT news is...I called around the banks in my hometown and none of them had coin machines "I" could use myself. But I did find one who said just bring in whatever you have and I'll walk you to the machine and you can watch me do it....as long as I had an account. So I went in after work and opened a basic checking account.

I spoke with the lady for awhile and we got along pretty well...so she walked me back and we dumped my 33 rolls of skunk...I think I am partially deaf from the coin machine...but what the heck right. She said another local fellow comes in and orders boxes...a couple per week and brings them back after he goes through them. I asked her if the bank had a problem with that and she said..noooo not at all. I was kind of shocked after reading some of the dumping stories in here. But she said he has been doing it for awhile and there were a couple of bags in the vault he has gone through already...so I probably wouldn't find what I was looking for in them.

She then asked if I would like for her to order me a box for next week...I was like...SURE...thanks! She ordered me a box and even went as far as to give me two canvas bags to bring them leftovers back in. What a great experience. Not only did I find a more than willing dump...I think I found a new friend and a great bank. Next visit I will mention saving any silver for me :0)
 
Upvote 0
amazing! last bank person (teller) I talked too said she had $1 in halves, then upon her picking them up she stopped, started repeatedly bouncing one of them on the counter, and then said she could only sell me one because she keeps the silver ones...explains why I have never gotten a loose silver half at this particular bank.
 
It seems odd to me that a teller could refuse to exchange money in their drawer. This happened to me a few weeks back with the exception that the teller said she was holding the silver halves for "another" customer. I'm still a bit pissed about it. It does not bother me that she kept it for herself, but rather that she has repeatedly given my loose halves and rolls that she knew were crap.
 
I had sort of the same experience from a local bank...

I asked if they had any halves and the teller pointed me to another teller down the row. He came over and ...with a sketchy look on his face...told me...errrr no we don't have any. I could tell by the look on his face he was not telling the truth. I just assumed he had some, but was saving them for someone else. Since I have no stock in the bank and that was my first and last visit there...I just thought Hmmm...and moved on to the next.
 
2Cents said:
It seems odd to me that a teller could refuse to exchange money in their drawer. This happened to me a few weeks back with the exception that the teller said she was holding the silver halves for "another" customer. I'm still a bit pissed about it. It does not bother me that she kept it for herself, but rather that she has repeatedly given my loose halves and rolls that she knew were crap.

I have gotten the "I'm saving them for another customer" line many times and I agree, If she were saving them for herself I would not be as offended as being passed over for another customer. What the hell >:( I just happen to be a customer too. I always say that to them and they just give me a blank stare?......

Mojo
 
dkTreasure said:
amazing! last bank person (teller) I talked too said she had $1 in halves, then upon her picking them up she stopped, started repeatedly bouncing one of them on the counter, and then said she could only sell me one because she keeps the silver ones...explains why I have never gotten a loose silver half at this particular bank.

Hah thats funny. One time a teller just started going through the coins in front of me and giving me the clads. Definitely something when it happens to you.
 
GlassyEyed, i would reck-o-mend not ever mentioning the word "silver" to any bank teller, some will care and other wont, but it might cost you ! I made that mistake when i first got started at the only bank i ever went too, NOW the tellers tell me all the time what they found ( and they keep it for themselves )
 
Holmes said:
GlassyEyed, i would reck-o-mend not ever mentioning the word "silver" to any bank teller, some will care and other wont, but it might cost you ! I made that mistake when i first got started at the only bank i ever went too, NOW the tellers tell me all the time what they found ( and they keep it for themselves )

It is odd for sure but have met more than few tellers who do not know about Silver, though far more KNOW and still don't collect'em; had a teller give me a Ben in her tray when asked for it two weeks ago, and another who knows what am looking for has given me so far 2 64's from her tray.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom