Today’s Treasure 😎 xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
After a rubbish week at work, needed to get out today, so we went back to the water logged fields it was a gorgeous sunny day with 40mph winds 😳 xx

First off what a find, part of a brooch I believe.. then 2 strange decorative pieces, all 3 found by me.. lead pieces the bigger one looks like an acorn, 3 muskets, the round piece feels like half of a spectacle and the other piece is like a thimble with no top, big old pot leg, little buckle, lead token and crusty pre dec, and finally my scrappy silver hammered 😆 xx

It was so nice to feel the warmth of the sun even if the wind was crazy, could hardly hear the pin pointer, my hat kept flying off and don’t get me started on my hair…. It’s tough work being a girl 😆 but had a brilliant day, rain forecast tomoz, but hopefully we will be able to get out again.

Because the weather has been so wet there are big parts of these fields where the crop has rotted so they have replanted with wild flowers…can’t wait to see them come thru later in the year. Xx

IMG_2256.jpeg
IMG_2258.jpeg
IMG_2259.jpeg
IMG_2260.jpeg
IMG_2261.jpeg
IMG_2262.jpeg
IMG_2263.jpeg
IMG_2264.jpeg
IMG_2265.jpeg
IMG_2268.jpeg
IMG_2267.jpeg
IMG_2247.jpeg
IMG_2255.jpeg
IMG_2254.jpeg
IMG_2251.jpeg

Upvote 26

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange things in those fields these days! Congratulations on the cool finds. Thanks again for sharing your adventures with all of us. Great photos, too!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Fields look so innocent...

Wow on the old stuff!
Congrats and congrats again.

A bandanna or mechanics sticky wide tape will keep a hat on when no chin strap is attached,
Tacks will too ; but can be uncomfortable.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree the first 3 are really kind of cool, especially #1. #3 almost looks like a face (Lion) :dontknow:

At least you got a bit of silver-a tad beat up, but it still counts.
I'm going to go with scissor handle or a candle holder part for the round piece.

Great to see you get some mud therapy after your week.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (Stock Coil)
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Minelab X-Terra Pro (Stock Coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After a rubbish week at work
Yes, this I can certainly relate to. And yet you went out in the horrid wind and found some great escape!
Wind was against me the last two days yet I went out too. That is what people don't understand, metal detecting can be a therapy. It sure is for me, and it seems you too understand its benefit after dealing with imbeciles and difficulties at work. Great stuff.

I like your finds, its like you can see the character in those pieces. There isn't such character in finds in the ground where I live in the states. The closest thing I've gotten was a more modern british coin. I consider it the most unique find so far. And how did it get over here.. That is what makes it so cool to me.

Attachments

• 2pounds_1.jpg
    2pounds_1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 2pounds_2.jpg
    2pounds_2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 6
  • 2pounds_3.jpg
    2pounds_3.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 6

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some great looking finds the Blossom. I still can't take beautiful close-up photos like you do. Mine are more at the Polaroid level. :tongue3:
MM

Attachments

• hair1.jpg
    hair1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2
  • hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 2

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s amazing to see the lost history that you recover
Love the scenery and thanks for sharing with us

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, a Roman Brooch 2/3rd C.

You have some kind of 18th C item with a Cherub's face but its upside down.

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
I agree the first 3 are really kind of cool, especially #1. #3 almost looks like a face (Lion) :dontknow:

At least you got a bit of silver-a tad beat up, but it still counts.
I'm going to go with scissor handle or a candle holder part for the round piece.

Great to see you get some mud therapy after your week.

thanks Peps, yes it’s a bit strange… one for the FLO box 🤔 xx

if you look closely at this pic, I believe we have same Canadian Geese… thought of you when I saw them… must be the long neck… or was it the webbed feet 🤔 xx 😂😂
IMG_2250.jpeg

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
After a rubbish week at work, needed to get out today, so we went back to the water logged fields it was a gorgeous sunny day with 40mph winds 😳 xx

First off what a find, part of a brooch I believe.. then 2 strange decorative pieces, all 3 found by me.. lead pieces the bigger one looks like an acorn, 3 muskets, the round piece feels like half of a spectacle and the other piece is like a thimble with no top, big old pot leg, little buckle, lead token and crusty pre dec, and finally my scrappy silver hammered 😆 xx

It was so nice to feel the warmth of the sun even if the wind was crazy, could hardly hear the pin pointer, my hat kept flying off and don’t get me started on my hair…. It’s tough work being a girl 😆 but had a brilliant day, rain forecast tomoz, but hopefully we will be able to get out again.

Because the weather has been so wet there are big parts of these fields where the crop has rotted so they have replanted with wild flowers…can’t wait to see them come thru later in the year. Xx

View attachment 2141796 View attachment 2141797 View attachment 2141798 View attachment 2141799 View attachment 2141800 View attachment 2141801 View attachment 2141802 View attachment 2141803 View attachment 2141804 View attachment 2141805 View attachment 2141809 View attachment 2141811 View attachment 2141812 View attachment 2141814 View attachment 2141815
Hi Blossom,

I have enjoy a lot your posting, congrats and thanks for sharing, it is a Amaizing place for metal detecting.

I missing the flower haha

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Hi Blossom,

I have enjoy a lot your posting, congrats and thanks for sharing, it is a Amaizing place for metal detecting.

I missing the flower haha
Thank you 😆.. the flowers are just starting to come out.. hopefully next week i should be able to find one or two for you 😆 xx

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So jealous of your finds! Beautiful hunting fields! Great work...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread