What's new

Toe Plate??

kuger

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2007
Messages
9,732
Reaction score
2,803
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy dug this,it appears to be brass,is counter sunk drilled,fairly thick,and shows wear on one edge.I have found heel plates but this is pointed?
 

Attachments

  • ?1.webp
    ?1.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 516
  • ?2.webp
    ?2.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 490
  • ?3.webp
    ?3.webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 493
Thanks,but why is it pointed?
 
Upvote 0
I guess I am not seeing how it would be on the heel? :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
This may take some further looking into, but heel or toe seems right.

It is odd that it's pointy.
 
Upvote 0
My heart heel plate is rounded, not pointed. Your plate is much thicker also,....are you sure its from footwear?
 

Attachments

  • 100_0675.webp
    100_0675.webp
    107.5 KB · Views: 451
Upvote 0
Nice display,and thanks for the replies.I dont know if it is footwear or not?It is slightly worn on the one side.I have dug heel plates and they werent as thick?
 
Upvote 0
toe plate or horse tack type item? -- if its not a toe tap (common for folks to be in or out edge wear heavy ---one side or the other)-- and with heavier wear only on one side it maybe a gimpy foot ( thus an oddly designed shoe? )
 
Upvote 0
frame it for your missus tomorrow
 
Upvote 0
I seen one in gettysburg awhile back that was just like that and I asked why it was pointed aswell. I was told that it was a type of boot heel plate but thats all I know. And thats just what I was told.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the attempts all.I had convinced myself that it was a toe plate,but maybe not?
 
Upvote 0
CS boot heel plate. Agree that it being pointed is odd, however maybe the explanation with heart design is correct.

Very nice find.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom