Token and Silver chunk

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's been awhile since my last hunt... So yesterday morning my buddy (DW Dirt Whisper) and I decided to hit some dirt lots.

This particular lot, in the past has been good to both of us, but with time it's become scarce. I did mange to pull out a Fort Clark Texas NCO Club ¢5 token.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445792271.118609.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445792287.351661.jpg

Our next stop an empty lot in a residential area. I was reluctant to hunt it and had given up after walking the grounds only to be convinced by my buddy. I told him there was nothing here by the looks of it. I did not see any purple glass or marbles to indicate it was a prime spot but after 30 mins and eyeing a large strip of grass between the side walk and street, the Beast immediately hits on a high signal. The next thing you know I pull out a chunk of silver with a turquoise stone. At that moment I did not know if it was a ring, brooch or a pendant. I call my buddy over and tell him I'm good, which instantly tells him "I found something good and I'm ready to call it a day" lol

Well, needless to say I did not have a chance to inspect the little treasure when my buddy picked it up and went crazy... "Oh man... I was just there!" Man... that's nice... I like it, it's mine!" "Bro, how much do you want for it?! I'll trade you some gold rings I have at home."

Little did he know, I was going to give it to him on his bday. I knew right away it was a Native American ring, and him being part Indian it was his the moment I found it, but not before I made him squirm for the next 2 hrs, lol.

You should have heard him... "I am super jealous... I wasn't even this jealous when you found that gold coin in my spot at the old dump!" Man... That's a pretty ring!" On... and On... and on...

Well, I couldn't wait and before I left his house I handed it over to him. I told him, "it was your as soon as I saw what it was."

(big bear paw turquoise 925 sterling silver ring)

DW taking a pic prior to me, correction, before he picks it off the ground. All I did was point at it, lol. In the last pic is him gloating with his ring. We had a great time and the lunch his wife made was more than rewarding for me. Enjoy the pics.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445804161.935095.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445804173.863760.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445804184.642711.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445804196.962725.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1445804208.893702.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 16

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
2 Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lmao. dam i'm getting fatter. Yes thanks again brother i love the ring. I told you i had that gut feeling there was something there. I'm super happy you got out your machine. :occasion14:

jagchaser

Apr 9, 2015
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030, XP Deus, Gold Bug 2, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the sweet ring. :occasion14: That token is awesome.

OP
OP
Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee

Sep 11, 2013
El Paso, Texas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2 Radio Shack, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2 ES LTD, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lmao

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread