What's new

Token Id needed please

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Between the foul weather , the worst case of the flu in my life and baby showers there hasn't been much time to hunt. Although, Last week I was just testing a new coil I recently purchased in front of my house at camp. This token, however it got here, was nested in the deep root system of the Hemlock pines that thrive here.
I'm needing some info and possibly a little history on the token.

Obverse reads: W. C. HALL 1.00 Blk. Mountain
Reverse " " : IN TRADE 1.00 Pat. Jun. 1909 Ingle Station

Ingle System I believe is affiliated with Dayton Ohio which manufactured tokens/scrip 1900,s

Thanks for the help
 

Attachments

  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    118.4 KB · Views: 289
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    130.6 KB · Views: 291
Glad you got over the flu and getting back out hunting :icon_thumright:

Ingle station or ingle system?

Here's a token with Ingle system also with a Patent date reference:

http://www.hdwt.net/finds.html

Tokens are cool finds :icon_sunny:
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
Glad you got over the flu and getting back out hunting :icon_thumright:

Ingle station or ingle system?

Here's a token with Ingle system also with a Patent date reference:

http://www.hdwt.net/finds.html

Tokens are cool finds :icon_sunny:
Thanks Ken. Yes, I meant Ingles system. lol

I looked at you thread and it's a different token. Now, Black Mountain is here in the town we live in..I'd sure like to know where this token is from
 
Upvote 0
Black Mountain NC. I found this:

On Cragmont road near Tabernacle church is the old home of W. C. Hall. His wife was a Miss Finley. He was a railroad construction foreman. He later sold out and moved back to Black Mountain and put up a store and sold goods as long as he lived. He was postmaster under Woodrow Wilson's administration.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
Black Mountain NC. I found this:

On Cragmont road near Tabernacle church is the old home of W. C. Hall. His wife was a Miss Finley. He was a railroad construction foreman. He later sold out and moved back to Black Mountain and put up a store and sold goods as long as he lived. He was postmaster under Woodrow Wilson's administration.

DCMatt

Gotta be it :icon_thumright: Ingle system is the token manufacturer.
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
Black Mountain NC. I found this:

On Cragmont road near Tabernacle church is the old home of W. C. Hall. His wife was a Miss Finley. He was a railroad construction foreman. He later sold out and moved back to Black Mountain and put up a store and sold goods as long as he lived. He was postmaster under Woodrow Wilson's administration.

DCMatt
DCMatt said:
Black Mountain NC. I found this:

On Cragmont road near Tabernacle church is the old home of W. C. Hall. His wife was a Miss Finley. He was a railroad construction foreman. He later sold out and moved back to Black Mountain and put up a store and sold goods as long as he lived. He was postmaster under Woodrow Wilson's administration.

DCMatt
Wow. Yes. I have researched Mr. Hall and his store. The building where the store is, is either the oldest or one of the oldest standing structures in our small town. The rocks used for the building are from the famous Swannanoa tunnel which connected the railroad from the east to the west where many (convict) Laborers lost their lives. Mr. Hall's daughter opened a store there as well where she sold hats and garments. This is good for our Museum. Thank you Matt.
 
Upvote 0
I also found a map at the Library of Congress titled: Black Mountain, N.C. 1912.

It lists W.C. Hall as a grocer. Pretty neat map. it is one of those "Birds Eye View" drawings popular back then.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
I also found a map at the Library of Congress titled: Black Mountain, N.C. 1912.

It lists W.C. Hall as a grocer. Pretty neat map. it is one of those "Birds Eye View" drawings popular back then.

DCMatt
It's just a cool town all around Matt. A bunch of history here.
May I ask where you found the map or, could you paste the thread for me?
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
DCMatt said:
I also found a map at the Library of Congress titled: Black Mountain, N.C. 1912.

It lists W.C. Hall as a grocer. Pretty neat map. it is one of those "Birds Eye View" drawings popular back then.

DCMatt
Oh, It's just a neat town all around Matt. A bunch of history here.
May I ask where you found the map or, could you paste the thread for me?

Here is the link to the LOC map search:

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/gmdquery.html

Type "Black Mountain" is the search field. It will be on the top of the results list. You can download it as a JPEG2000 file, but I think that takes special reader software. I've never gotten it to work for me.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Cooool find neighbor! I love tokens! Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Hey Mike, good to have you back and fully recovered from the flu. :) Hope all is well with the wife and soon-to-be youngin. :icon_sunny:

BTW, Nice token man! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
:( The flu sux. Hope you get to feeling better.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom