What's new

Token ID needed

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is a new one for me. Can any one help with an ID please? Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • DSC00009.webp
    DSC00009.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 319
  • DSC00008.webp
    DSC00008.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 306
I have found similar tokens around "Mill Hills" villiages where the cotton mill workers lived. An old timer told me they were given as part pay and on special occasions and could only be spent at the company store. I'm sure they were used elsewhere. Cool little token!! Tony
 
Upvote 0
There is one just like that posted here in the old what is its. I dont remember.
 
Upvote 0
This is a generic amusement token. In Alpert and Smith's _Video Arcade, Pinball, Slot Machine, and Other Amusement Tokens of North America_, 1st edition, 1984, this token is located in the Phrases section (amusement tokens without names or initials, but having phrases related to amusement). I believe this to be the 21mm brass variety with center hole (also nickel plated brass, white metal, and lead varieties). There are varieties, as in use of different numbers, as well as a blank reverse. Value in this 1984 ref. was listed at $.05. The letter sequence used to identify this token is MOA.
 
Upvote 0
Just found two of these myself on saturday! I crawled under the net and into a batting cage figuring no one else had ever done that. I was right :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom