Token of some sort?

PalmyraProspector

Nov 23, 2021
Lawrence, KS area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Found this yesterday evening, not sure what it is. Was around an 85 on my AT Max and after cleaning dirt and removing tarnish this is the best I can get it cleaned up. Has some sort of building that looks like a capitol building and says, "St. Louis 19--". The last part of the date is illegible, but I can vaguely see a 5 after the 9. So 1950s maybe. On the bottom half I can read "HARRY GIBBS LAW". Top half I'm thinking says "QENCE" then a hole punched through then "ANSAS". Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0513.JPG
    IMG_0513.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0516.JPG
    IMG_0516.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 92
Upvote 8

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this yesterday evening, not sure what it is. Was around an 85 on my AT Max and after cleaning dirt and removing tarnish this is the best I can get it cleaned up. Has some sort of building that looks like a capitol building and says, "St. Louis 19--". The last part of the date is illegible, but I can vaguely see a 5 after the 9. So 1950s maybe. On the bottom half I can read "HARRY GIBBS LAW". Top half I'm thinking says "QENCE" then a hole punched through then "ANSAS". Any ideas?
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
PalmyraProspector

PalmyraProspector

Nov 23, 2021
Lawrence, KS area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
I'm guessing it's a personalized token (Harry Gibbs) who was from Lawrence Kansas.
'Lawrence' was misspelled so the token was discarded.
Don...
Don, I didnโ€™t mention Lawrence Kansas because I wanted to see if anybody else considered that too without me putting the thought in their mind. It could be a misspelling, I found it in a field south of Lawrence about 4โ€ under. Thanks for the input

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea looks like it was from a visit to St Louis.
They must have had a Machine Modeled after
the Metal typer somewhere. it was Very Easy to screw Up on them.
the Pointer needed to be Just right

000aaa.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread