What's new

Told cant order Half Dollars

smittyw

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2011
Messages
329
Reaction score
84
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
Told can't order Half Dollars

Been checking local banks in the Tampa area and am receiving the word that they can not order 1/2 dollar boxes. For those of you that are able to order boxes, do you know if they are coming from the stock of a certain banks, or if they are coming from the government mint. I'm guessing that it would be bank stock. tks.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Told can't order Half Dollars

tks
 
Re: Told can't order Half Dollars

Nope. Cow pastures now abandoned. That used to be Cary's Dairy. Don't think it has been built up yet, but won't be long.

I finally got hold of the right person at my bank today and was able to order a BAG of 50 cent pieces. Hope to get them Thursday and am hoping for some luck for my grandkids. At least I found out someone who would help.
 
Re: Told can't order Half Dollars

Who ever told you that is misinformed. They can order any denomination coin that they want to. They must not want to order them for you for some reason.
 
Re: Told can't order Half Dollars

Yep, I think that earlier people I spoke with had a case of ignorance or lazy bones. tks.
 
Re: Told can't order Half Dollars

:icon_thumright:
Congrats! All it takes is talking to the right person and letting them know that you have money to spend with them.

The closest I've come to this was a bank saying they can't order me boxes because I'm not a member, but if I want to open an account they would be happy to order me as many as I want.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom