Tons of Civil War bullets in strangest spot......

Gregg3131

May 24, 2015
Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited Edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a crazy day. Went to my buddies to just mess around one of his neighbors yards which is a tiny lot where my buddy found a few bullets in a very small backyard. Was doing it more to catch up with my buddy than actually detect. I did find one 3 ringer he missed. It was time to leave so walking back to car I notice a 3 ringer laying right on the path. Assuming he was messing with me I called him out he swore he did not place it there. I happen to look over to the right of path and notice stacks of very early brick that the homeowner purchased from a retail outlet in order to resell. I then notice a half a dozen bullets scattered under the brick. I still think my buddy planted them there but he did not. We then start moving some of the stacked brick and bullets and round balls are everywhere including sitting on top of lower stack bricks and under the bottom bricks We only moved one tenth of the bricks and found all of these bullets including a 1920s Simeon and WR Roger's silver fork initial engraved and Carrera sunglasses lol. How in Gods name the homeowner did not notice this is beyond me as it's on the side of the house and how they got there is a mystery but what a rush. Need to move all of them.....bizzare day today

Attachments

• 20190921_133735.jpg
    20190921_133735.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG951440.jpg
    IMG951440.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1441.jpg
    IMG_1441.jpg
    547.8 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 23

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. Remember, some folks don't care about relics, at all...

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amazing, congrats! Some people just dont get excited about the relics like smokeythecat said. Homeowners always let me keep things and I cant believe they don't have any interest in them. Amazing though if they never saw them.

Last edited:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool discovery. Maybe the mystery will come to light as to why they were there. GL out there.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find the home owner planted them hoping you Guys would do some free yard work for letting you detect lol

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a crazy day. Went to my buddies to just mess around one of his neighbors yards which is a tiny lot where my buddy found a few bullets in a very small backyard. Was doing it more to catch up with my buddy than actually detect. I did find one 3 ringer he missed. It was time to leave so walking back to car I notice a 3 ringer laying right on the path. Assuming he was messing with me I called him out he swore he did not place it there. I happen to look over to the right of path and notice stacks of very early brick that the homeowner purchased from a retail outlet in order to resell. I then notice a half a dozen bullets scattered under the brick. I still think my buddy planted them there but he did not. We then start moving some of the stacked brick and bullets and round balls are everywhere including sitting on top of lower stack bricks and under the bottom bricks We only moved one tenth of the bricks and found all of these bullets including a 1920s Simeon and WR Roger's silver fork initial engraved and Carrera sunglasses lol. How in Gods name the homeowner did not notice this is beyond me as it's on the side of the house and how they got there is a mystery but what a rush. Need to move all of them.....bizzare day today

Man Greg3131.

Could it have been a hiding spot ?
+
I would think the bricks would have chipped the Minnie's patina off in spots ?

Many drops (or all ) and several different types as well + SILVER !
WTG

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a bizarre find, congrats! Based on the cluttered appearance of the area around the brick pile I'd guess that a while ago someone set a cardboard box or bag full of grandpa's dug bullets on top of the pile and promptly forgot about them, with the container rotting away allowing the bullets to fall and hide among the bricks. I'd definitely tear up the area and sift if it's trashy and detecting won't work well. It'd be cool if some CW buttons were lurking around there too.

Please keep us updated!

OP
OP
G

Gregg3131

May 24, 2015
Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited Edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a bizarre find, congrats! Based on the cluttered appearance of the area around the brick pile I'd guess that a while ago someone set a cardboard box or bag full of grandpa's dug bullets on top of the pile and promptly forgot about them, with the container rotting away allowing the bullets to fall and hide among the bricks. I'd definitely tear up the area and sift if it's trashy and detecting won't work well. It'd be cool if some CW buttons were lurking around there too.

Please keep us updated!
Very plausible theory Plumbata

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread