Too hot to dig in SC just yet but when we do well give it everything !

PEles

Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Too hot to dig in SC just yet but when we do we'll give it everything !

Great collection of goodies :icon_thumright: May I ask how long did it take to accumulate everything? Looks like you've researched and hunted some really good spots. You've been giving it everything :headbang:
Are you using a Fisher machine? I recently bought an F75se, and it's going to take me a while to learn it.
Also enjoyed Al in the background. Kind of makes me want to go to Myrtle for some shagging :tongue3:
Thanks for sharing!!!

gmanlight

Jun 17, 2007
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works

Your Wish List is getting shorter all the time. :icon_salut:

OP
OP
PEles

PEles

Apr 20, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Thanks bud I appreciate it, I've been at it over 20 yrs down here. The key to it is research, getting permission and a lot of legwork. I've been fortunate to have found some big camps and sites over the years. A few virgin ones that were loaded! I've used all makes and models a nautilus for yrs, tesoro's but the past several I've used f75 and T2 LTD. Up until this past year when I switched and started using the fisher goldbug DP. For the sites I hunt, old plantations and homeesites loaded with iron and nails it's the best I've ever had.I've never failed to dig stuff in old spots I've beat to death in the past with the new Goldbug DP. Until Fisher comes out with another detector this is all I need it's amazing, extremely sensitive but hey it's a gold machine it's supposed to be :laughing7:Thanks for the comments bud and good luck with the F75. My buddy uses one and he can dig the heck out of stuff with it :thumbsup:

LP

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow :o The CS spur is my fav.

wtwtw

Jul 10, 2011
Clearwater, Fl
Detector(s) used
Dfx, Beach hunter id300

Did you find all of these items in S.C? Can you tell me a general idea as to the part of the state you found the items. We will be going to just south of Lexington in Nov. to do some hunting. Thank you for you time, Great video

OP
OP
PEles

PEles

Apr 20, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

wtwtw said:
Did you find all of these items in S.C? Can you tell me a general idea as to the part of the state you found the items. We will be going to just south of Lexington in Nov. to do some hunting. Thank you for you time, Great video

Hi,

I'd say 99% of what you saw I found in South Carolina. The stuff was dug in a corrider between Aiken, South Carolina, to Charleston, through Beaufort, towards Savannah, but not in Georgia. All my finds were made on the SC side of the river. I've dug a couple of times in Columbia and found some yankee stuff but never in Lexington. I do know an old friend that found a few nice buttons in Lexington so there is a possibilty you could get something good there. I've just had so much luck on the coast over the years that's where I've looked. Good luck to you and thanks for enjoying the video.

LP

annak

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2011
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 505, Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Greetings from Aiken SC! Did you really find those buttons and relics here in Aiken? I bought a low end Garrett 350 MD and have not really used it yet. Years ago I had a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw and a Landstar but sold both of them when we moved from Ky. I did really good with those. Now I would give anything to have them back! I am not sure where to detect here in Aiken, but as you say it has been too hot to detect. Can you give me some ideas on places to go? Are you a member of the metal detecting club here?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread