VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Butch (Publisher) of American Digger Magazine emailed me and said that he had a friend coming to Nashville and "Did I know anyone who could take him relic hunting? He just wanted to dig some Tennessee lead." I took the hint-LOL and met up with "pcap" (Greg) who was a really nice guy. Dman wanted to go with us but his shoulder was still sore from yesterday. He did talk to Greg on the phone during our hunt. Josh came by and met him for a few minutes.
Greg scored big on dropped Tenn. lead with both a 3 ring .58 and .69 cal. bullet., Sharps Carbine, 2 Burnside Carbines, .577 cal. Enfield, conical .44 cal. Colt pistol bullet, the end from a Gallagher Carbine brass cartridge, and a couple of fired bullets. The dropped Sharps and dropped 3 ring .69 cal. "Big Boy" were firsts for him. He was very proficient with his F75 and quickly adapted to hunting the CSA Cavalry Camp. We had a great day. HH, Quindy.

Attachments

• Pcap at CSA Cav. Camp 2-15-11.jpg
    Pcap at CSA Cav. Camp 2-15-11.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 827
  • pcap (Greg) on  2-15-11.jpg
    pcap (Greg) on 2-15-11.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 834
Upvote 0
Its great you found the time to take a fellow hunter out you didn't know, and glad you all had a great hunt, thats a good assortment of lead.
Guy

Quindy forgot to tell y'all that he was one heck of a nice guy and has some great stories to tell.. I really enjoyed the hunt and appreciate the gesture Quindy.
Also I found out that what I thought was normal chatter on my F75 was really a bad coil and it finally went out on me.. But I been hunting with this thing for a year now and finding relics with a bad coil.. funny what you get use too..
Tony so this is where you been hinding, haha
Quindy thanks again it was an awesome hunt one which I will be glad to repay anytime.

P-Cap, that name sounds familiar, are you on any other forums like TSPot? Very familiar name.. :icon_scratch: Anyways, congrats on the crazy assortment of lead. That's a good day when you can get that many different Civil War bullets from the ground!!! Indeed, Quindy is aight for a whiteboy :laughing7: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink:

{Sentinel} said:
Indeed, Quindy is aight for a whiteboy :laughing7: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Josh,
You had ME spitting up soda on that one! :laughing9:
Thanks

Quindy,
You are one h-ll of a tour guide. I'll expect the same treatment when I come to your neck of the hood woods. :thumbsup:
Some great lead guys.
Congrats P-cap. Also welcome to T-net. You have finally arrived. :hello2:
-MM-

Yea I hang on the SPOT. Have been a member on T-net for a while and will be back for sure. Thanks for the words, I was not aware I was in the hood today but hey with the results I got I may beg to go back..

Those are really nice bullets. Congrats on digging some Tennessee lead.
Dman

Dang, Quindy. If I had known all I had to do to find a sharps carbine was to come and hunt with you, I'da been there already. ;D :wink: Ya'll did great!! Fantastic finds~ :icon_pirat:

N~

Ahh great hunt and new friends and new types of lead. Life is grand!! Welcome aboard :thumbsup:
HH
TnMtns

Way to go Quindy. It was nice of Butch to recommend you to take a fellow hunter out. Glad y'all had a successful hunt.

Re: There goes the neighborhood!

Tony (NC) said:
Just kiddin' ya p-cap! Greg's a good fellow.....one of the good guys! :headbang:
Thanks Tony. He is that and we had a great time. Once he gets a new coil for his F75, there will be no stopping him. I let him use my F75 and he could not believe how quiet it was. He'll tear up DIV. HH, Quindy.

Thanks Guy, Josh, MM, Doug (Dman, sorry you could not have gone but the F75s would have blanked out that SE unless you would have used your F75 LTD-LOL), Andy, Nana, Richard, Jeff, and Randy.
Greg, I talked to my landowner friend last night and he said that he's going to turn (plow) that field in about two weeks. I told him to sink that plow as deep as it will go-LOL. HH, and good luck hunting all, Quindy.

ModernMiner said:
{Sentinel} said:
Indeed, Quindy is aight for a whiteboy :laughing7: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Josh,
You had ME spitting up soda on that one! :laughing9:
Thanks

Quindy,
You are one h-ll of a tour guide. I'll expect the same treatment when I come to your neck of the hood woods. :thumbsup:
Some great lead guys.
Congrats P-cap. Also welcome to T-net. You have finally arrived. :hello2:
-MM-
;D ;D :wink: :icon_thumleft:

VOL1266-X said:
Tony (NC) said:
Just kiddin' ya p-cap! Greg's a good fellow.....one of the good guys! :headbang:
Thanks Tony. He is that and we had a great time. Once he gets a new coil for his F75, there will be no stopping him. I let him use my F75 and he could not believe how quiet it was. He'll tear up DIV. HH, Quindy.

Thanks Guy, Josh, MM, Doug (Dman, sorry you could not have gone but the F75s would have blanked out that SE unless you would have used your F75 LTD-LOL), Andy, Nana, Richard, Jeff, and Randy.
Greg, I talked to my landowner friend last night and he said that he's going to turn (plow) that field in about two weeks. I told him to sink that plow as deep as it will go-LOL. HH, and good luck hunting all, Quindy.

BTW Quin, yes the ole F-75 will Git R' Done....this T-2 Limited I just bought is unstoppable too my friend! I worked over a field yesterday that I know for a FACT that we (Jeff and I) had gone over several times with the F-75 and the MXT and I picked up SEVERAL bullets over ground we must've swept over near 20 times. Just an incredible machine. Good luck this weekend buddy! HH

Josh

Thanks TDog and Josh for your replies. Josh, the T2 is a cousin to the the F75 but the model you have is a F75 on steroids-LOL. That's scary. Good luck to you guys and everyone in TNet land this weekend, Quindy.

Excellent post Quindy ! You always find something so you were an excellent choice for a guide ! :laughing7: And they produced some finds ! Everybody's happy !! Good for you ! :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: MaineRelic

Sharing your hunting area....what a great jesture Quindy :headbang: Looks like a Great Day! and Great finds!!!! :hello2: :)

MaineRelic said:
Excellent post Quindy ! You always find something so you were an excellent choice for a guide ! :laughing7: And they produced some finds ! Everybody's happy !! Good for you ! :icon_sunny: :icon_sunny: MaineRelic
Thanks MR. Greg really enjoyed learning the area history involving Gen. John Hunt Morgan. We NEVER take people hunting with us due to poacher issues in the past but I made a rare exception in this case because he came highly recommended by a friend. Thanks for looking, Quindy.
MiniMe said:
Sharing your hunting area....what a great jesture Quindy :headbang: Looks like a Great Day! and Great finds!!!! :hello2: :)
It doesn't happen but once every Blue Moon Colleen. Get old Joe to take you hunting this weekend or at least out to eat-LOL. Be on the lookout for our next post-a very rare CS relic was found by the Tennessee Trio yesterday. HH, Quindy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back