What's new

Took my first dump.........

legend76

Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2010
Messages
880
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined the forum about a month ago. I did my first two boxes (Brinks) a couple weeks ago (box 1 skunked, box 2 had one 40%er on the end of a roll). Anyway, I work for the Gov't and there is a Credit Union branch on the Gov't property adjacent to the employee parking lot. My bi-weekly check is direct-deposited into said CU. I had $350 in dumps I rolled last night while watching TV. I phoned the CU manager (who is a really sweet lady that I have known for almost 10 years) to ask if they ever have anyone bring in halves. She said she had one if I wanted it. So I go out the the CU (while on the clock ;D), she lets me look at the half (a 73-D :( ). Then I ask if it's ok if I bring in some rolled halves for deposit. She says sure :). I act polite, don't want to be a problem, she say's no problem. I then ask if she can order halves, she says she will check for me. She actually acted as if she would order me halves, and after i searched them, take them back from me. I kinda hate to order and dump from same bank, but she acts like it's no big deal. What do ya'll think?
I could also order the Brinks rolls from my hometown bank 25 minutes away and order from the CU, and use another bank in my home twon for dumps. It's also very tempting to use the CU as a dump, since I can do business while on the clock. Just random ramblings from a newbie..............
 
Upvote 0
If you just get boxes from this bank it shouldn't matter if you dump there, you won't even search your own dumps. As long as they are cool with it I would do it. A bank said they would do the same thing for me, I just prefer not to give them too much work. Just make sure you only pick up new boxes from that bank if you do dump there.
 
1. Never dump at a supply bank

2. Instead of blaming govt employees , blame the politicians that keep giving away uneeded jobs for votes .Not that im implying any particular job is uneeded . But the NYC school system in 1958 had 200 administrators today it has 5000. The dept of energy would be a good lesson, just dont blame the worker. Many workers do the best they can but are held back not by laziness [i realize many are lazy] but by the system they are in.
 
Legend, didn't mean to strike such a nerve with you, but you had to expect somebody would say something when you pointed out the whole clock thing. You must work for the mint if your agency makes money because all other Gov't agencies spend it or steal it (IRS specifically). As for taking offense to the taxpayer comment, we all pay em (or at least are supposed to), yourself included so I don't know why that bugged ya. Nothing personal, I know you're putting food on the table, just giving my opinion. HH all.

PS - the emotions anybody reads or fails to read into these or any comments on any forum may not be what was intended, humor and the written word do not always go hand in hand and I do not believe in over using the silly yellow emoticons.
 
puckhead said:
You must work for the mint if your agency makes money because all other Gov't agencies spend it or steal it (IRS specifically).

Not true, the US Bureau of Reclamation at Hoover Dam costs the US Tax Payers nothing. The sales from electricity there pays for all employees salaries as well as all costs to run the facility. It is true, that in the very begining the BOR had to take a loan from the governemnt, ie. US taxes, but it has since been paid back in full plus intrest :)

So not all Govt. Agencies spend or steal it.
 
rwb83, your right on the money again. I work in the power industry, but don't really want to go into specific details because alot of CRH'ers seemed to take offense to some of my comments. But it's not like I work an assembly line. I make my rounds and then I'm on "hot standby" if needed. These standby periods, I can take 5 or 10 mins to do personal business such as banking.
Puckhead, sorry I took offense. Im new to the forum and I will learn to make my comments more generic in the future.
Anyway I dumped $500 more in hand rolled halves at the CU yesterday. I have $120 more at the house to dump. I think I'm gonna order another 1K in halves Monday from my bank in my homwtown and maybe get some pennies.

HH to all.
 
legend76 said:
rwb83, your right on the money again. I work in the power industry, but don't really want to go into specific details because alot of CRH'ers seemed to take offense to some of my comments. But it's not like I work an assembly line. I make my rounds and then I'm on "hot standby" if needed. These standby periods, I can take 5 or 10 mins to do personal business such as banking.
Puckhead, sorry I took offense. Im new to the forum and I will learn to make my comments more generic in the future.
Anyway I dumped $500 more in hand rolled halves at the CU yesterday. I have $120 more at the house to dump. I think I'm gonna order another 1K in halves Monday from my bank in my homwtown and maybe get some pennies.

HH to all.

Well, keep us advised of your finds. I had a decent box of halves yesterday but am waiting for my dime box today to post my finds. Look foraward to hearing from ya Legend !

HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom