Took The Old Garrett Master Hunter CX PLUS Out For A Snow Spin & Got Silver #1

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
DSCN0725.jpg

Cabin fever is nibbling at my ankles, so I wanted to try something different tonite. I dusted off the old Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus which was hiding in my closet, bought 6 x New "C" size batteries, fired it up and "BANG"....It worked. It warmed up to about freezing today, so, to be on the safe side, I slid a hot pac hand warmer inside the camo case, and the batteries worked fine for my 2 hour hunt.

DSCN0716.jpg

I had to work today, so by the time I bought some new batteries, some groceries and got the Master Hunter CX working , it had already turned dark out. Not a problem.....I had an old LED Night Light kicking around the house, which worked great! And.....lady luck was with me tonight. My first signal was a 1967 silver "LYNX" silver quarter. I guess silver coins have been out pf circulation for so long that no ones even knows the difference between clad and silver. :)

All in all it was a glorious night, complete with a couple of owls hooting back and forth to each other in the darkness. Below are my total coin finds.....

DSCN0728.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions