What's new

Tool? Piece off a gun?

kentuckycornelius

Jr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2021
Messages
24
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,

Can I get some help with these? I found this in a homesite in an area where I've found a dandy button and another button from the early to mid 1800s. The first picture containing all three pieces are the items that came out of the same spot. Someone suggested the item with a square hole is a flintlock hammer, but a friend of mine who actually knows some about those types of guns says it is too big. That piece has two small grooves that follow the curve of the piece. The longer skinnier piece is flat and the bottom, and the top is curved. That doesn't come out to well in the pictures. I'd like to restore this piece somewhat and give it to the owner of the property as a gift for letting me detect there, but I need to know what it is first, so any and all help would be sincerely appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • Unknown 5.webp
    Unknown 5.webp
    85.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Unknown 4.webp
    Unknown 4.webp
    363.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Unknown 3.webp
    Unknown 3.webp
    698.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Unknown 1.webp
    Unknown 1.webp
    850.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Unknown 2.webp
    Unknown 2.webp
    635.6 KB · Views: 66
I'm thinking the scrolly parts are pieces broken off of a cast iron treadle sewing machine base.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom