Tools or Fools?

mikez

Jul 21, 2008
New England
Found these two roccks close to each other in a sandy corn field with very few other rocks of any kind.
Caught my eye because they looked a little too symetrical to be the usual natural rocks.
They both have very similar shapes and they both have a concave depression on one side that could be wear from hammering or grinding.
Smaller one.
IMG_4125.jpg

IMG_4124.jpg

Larger one.
IMG_4121.jpg

IMG_4120.jpg

The two together, worn side up.
IMG_4126.jpg

So, should put these on the shelf or in my fishtank?

Upvote 0
Nawww dont fishtank em. I vote shelf. To me, those definately look like "manos", or the part of the grinding set held in the hand. They probably doubled as hammer stones as well. The smaller one is especially nice.
Thanks for posting. I seldom get to see stuff from New England.

A

Atlantis0077

Morning,

Looks ok...the smaller of the two especially looks to have wear on the edge. I can tell you though...a fishtank with arrowheads and relics on the bottom is pretty neat. I have one of those cascading fountains on my porch that has arrowheads at the base. :wink:

Atlantis

OP
OP
M

mikez

Jul 21, 2008
New England
Thanks! As a total beginner, it's good to know I'm at least looking in the right places and seeing the right things. I admit I've carted home and later disgarded a good amount of geo-fools. Scrolling through this forum has already greatly increased my knowledge base. Hopefully soon I'll post my first ever point [after I find it]. ::)

Atlantis0077 said:
...a fishtank with arrowheads and relics on the bottom is pretty neat.:wink:
Atlantis

I had the same idea Atlantis. One of my fish tanks is set up as a natural river/creek with local sand and gravel and all native fish. A point would be perfectly at home in that habitat. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread